Will the Glazers sell?

Manchester United chat
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

The Athletic reporting that its a sale, with a statement expected in next hour or two. Get your cocks ready lads, its fucking happening!!!
bman2
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago The Athletic reporting that its a sale, with a statement expected in next hour or two. Get your cocks ready lads, its fucking happening!!!
No way. Qatar is it? =))
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Fuck fuck fuck
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Tbh I said to the missus - not that she gave a shit - that when FSG said they are inviting offers for Liverpool, the Glazers might also look to sell.

The Prem is no place for vampiric yank capitalists that want to cream off profit, especially now the ESL is a non starter or has been put on the back burner for a long time. Broadcasters and the goventment have moved against that kind of ownership. Time to leave - maybe.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago The Athletic reporting that its a sale, with a statement expected in next hour or two. Get your cocks ready lads, its fucking happening!!!
Fuck a duck, am I gonna have to ring in sick tomorrow
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/m ... lub-growth

Sale of club mentioned as a possibility.

Sky sports saying any new investor or owner will be a US investment firm.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/m ... lub-growth

They're following Liverpool in assessing their options. I bet they've been colluding again and decided the ESL is a non starter and it's time to cash in.

I remember us talking about investment firms previously. Would that be an out of the frying pan and into the fire situation?

Perhaps a US investment firm with Ratcliffe fronting it ala Clearlake and Boehly
dozer
Legend

Ronaldo has some serious power lol.
fat maradona
Legend

Fuck the Glazers wrote: 1 year ago
JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/m ... lub-growth

They're following Liverpool in assessing their options. I bet they've been colluding again and decided the ESL is a non starter and it's time to cash in.

I remember us talking about investment firms previously. Would that be an out of the frying pan and into the fire situation?

Perhaps a US investment firm with Ratcliffe fronting it ala Clearlake and Boehly
The difference between the Glazers and an investment firm is that the Glazers didn't much care about how the club was running, all they wanted was their debt repaid and their huge dividends for doing nowt. Don't get me wrong, the investment firm will also want a return on it's investment but it doesn't have to be just via dividends, it can also be by increasing the value of the club over a period of time. They will put in place best in class personnel to ensure that their investment is going to do as well as it possibly can. The ideal scenario is that Ratcliffe or similar buy the club but that ain't going to happen at the price the Glazers will want. Also, Ratcliffe is 70 years old, what happens when he is no longer around and ownership passes onto someone else and they turn out to be complete dicks? As long as we don't get owned by anyone from the UAE, I'll be happy to say buh bye to the Glazers.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Unpicking last night's news and figuring out what comes next, has a number of layers. It could be that the Glazers have a view that the time to sell is right now; revenue may have peaked, global economic uncertainty, increased agitation from sponsors, palpable levels of high investment needed to rejuvenate the club. That all makes sense and its likely that the recent sale of Chelsea and FSG taking similar moves had nudged them further. But it could just best that what they want is to sell a stake, remain in control and have someone else bear the brunt of the investment needed to breathe life back into their cash cow - that's my biggest fear. A partial sale doesn't really help us. It needs to be a full sale and now is the time for a huge supporter movement to try and effect that outcome.

An investment firm would primarily seek to realise its investment on the basis of a future sale. i.e. buy now for X, Invest Y and run the club on the basis of it being sold for a profit down the line. They wouldn't be motivated by footballing success any more than the Glazers BUT they would have a more direct motivation and experience of driving successful businesses. And its hard to see how revenues and the value of the club increase without success.

What's really needed though, is someone like a Jim Radcliffe to buy us. A benevolent owner who wants to lead this club back to greatness.