Will the Glazers sell?

Manchester United chat
dozer
Legend

We don't need Arab money.
United have the means to generate revenue and profits if there is a little investment. Unlike city and Newcastle there is no need to build a fanbase.
bman2
Legend

Well that would be shit. They haven’t even run PSG well, it’s a circus club constantly bending over backwards for obnoxious superstar players.
bman2
Legend

I wouldn’t be thrilled about a Watar takeover for two reasons. First reason, like I said, is that they’ve run PSG like Woodward would, all about celebrity culture, and they regularly get embarrassed in the CL. We’re trying to out celebrity culture behind us.

Second reason is the conflict with PSG ownership. I’ve no doubt that they can get around this in the short term, not least because they be bought a huge amount of influence in UEFA. But I don’t like the idea because (a) it could easily come back to bite us in the arse later, like City’s dodgy spending has. And (b) behind the scenes, United will then be part of some big corporate and international political shit fest. Which club will get first dibs when some shit hot player or manager is available? Fuck that.

Sportwashing concerns I assume don’t even need to be said at this point.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Reasons to be worried re. PSG approach, agree. However, there might be mitigation.

Firstly, maybe they've learned lessons that might be applied here?
Secondly, with clubs like City and PSG, they have no history, no legacy, no culture. They've been like kids in a sweetshop. Different proposition here. We have a legacy and an identity, which will be less complicated to align to.

Its a worry though.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... 176325.amp

Sir Jim Ratcliffe has ramped up his efforts to buy Manchester United by hiring Goldman Sachs and JPMorgan to advise him during the takeover process.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Of the names mentioned, Ratcliffe would be my pick, 100%
Felwin
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago Of the names mentioned, Ratcliffe would be my pick, 100%
Best of a bad bunch. And honestly, any of the others and it might be over for me. I’ll be torn because I like the manager and a lot of the players but United as an institution will be dead.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

I think he wants this to be his personal legacy. Can't see how he outbids the Qataris though

Fuck the Glazers
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago I think he wants this to be his personal legacy. Can't see how he outbids the Qataris though

Aye, legacy seems to be his thing. There's a video with Matt Slater on Stretford Paddock were he talks about how Ratcliffe made a load of money and has only just began spending it towards the end of his life - and it's mostly on legacy / vanity projects that probably won't recoup a lot of money like football, fashion, cars.

My worry is how is the deal going to be financed. Ineos have enough cash but is he going to use it or has he gone to Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan (didn't they fund the Glazers debt laden leverage takeover btw) to borrow money.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

This is how they plan to get around the conflict of interest with them owning PSG