Maguire

Manchester United chat
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Aye, it's like any organisation that's profit motivated - it neglects the core function in pursuit of profit, in this case the football. We want a good football team, the Glazers want profit, dividends. There's a tiny crossover where if conditions are perfect eg top manager, good infrastructure etc success can be achieved. An example being Liverpool. But it's rare. And made harder in an environment of financial doping.
dozer
Legend

FuB wrote: 1 year ago
dozer wrote: 1 year ago
fat maradona wrote: 1 year ago
bman2 wrote: 1 year ago I think TH is out of his depth and won’t last long.
Based on what? He’s not played any games yet and you’re already questioning his ability.
If dozer can do the same with Rangnick, why not?
How is it the same? Rangnick lost many points and people here were still calling him Jesus. I've not criticised him much; I just called out the facts and pointed out that we've not gotten the results nor were there any signs of progress under him.
I seem to remember that, at one point, you kept banging on about Rangnick not having managed a team very often nor recently. The implication being that he wasn't up to the job of managing United. I must be mistaken, dozer, and I can't be arsed to argue with you anyway.
I was skeptical because of that, yes. It's a good reason to be though, no? I still didn't judge and I waited for him to deliver but he failed pretty quickly. I still didn't criticise him much. I was just countering all the unwarranted praise he was getting. He obviously had his problems because of the club but he still didn't deserve praise.
FuB
Site Admin

fat maradona wrote: 1 year ago

Based on what? He’s not played any games yet and you’re already questioning his ability.
If dozer can do the same with Rangnick, why not?
How is it the same? Rangnick lost many points and people here were still calling him Jesus. I've not criticised him much; I just called out the facts and pointed out that we've not gotten the results nor were there any signs of progress under him.
I seem to remember that, at one point, you kept banging on about Rangnick not having managed a team very often nor recently. The implication being that he wasn't up to the job of managing United. I must be mistaken, dozer, and I can't be arsed to argue with you anyway.
I was skeptical because of that, yes. It's a good reason to be though, no? I still didn't judge and I waited for him to deliver but he failed pretty quickly. I still didn't criticise him much. I was just countering all the unwarranted praise he was getting. He obviously had his problems because of the club but he still didn't deserve praise.
That's my point though, dozer. I wasn't having a dig at you. If it was ok for you to be sceptical of Rangnick before he'd even pulled on a monogrammed tracksuit, i don't see why bman couldn't be sceptical about ETH. bman has qualified that now anyway so it's entirely moot.
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
bman2
Legend

I respect Rangnick and TH. I think Rangnick was hired in circumstances in which he couldn’t succeed, and that’s on the club. I’m worried that the same will happen to TH.
dozer
Legend

bman2 wrote: 1 year ago I respect Rangnick and TH. I think Rangnick was hired in circumstances in which he couldn’t succeed, and that’s on the club. I’m worried that the same will happen to TH.
If TH has taken the job, which he has then he's responsible. He can't use this as an excuse.
Klopp didn't take the job (I know he was talking about United) because he was a smart enough human being (criteria number 1 for a manager), to know it wouldn't work.
bman2
Legend

Everyone see that Maguire is now publicly blaming players like De Gea for his problems? His time at the club is definitely coming to an end.
swampash
Legend

bman2 wrote: 1 year ago Everyone see that Maguire is now publicly blaming players like De Gea for his problems? His time at the club is definitely coming to an end.
Didn’t see that bman - what’s the idiot been saying?
fat maradona
Legend

The comments were along the lines of De Gea being a shit goalie because he a) doesn't communicate much with Maguire and b) that he is shit with the ball. And because of that, Maguire felt that it made him look bad in defence. Then there was something along the lines of how if the club had bought players with pace, players that worked better with Maguire, that he would be able to show just how good a defender he is.

Whether he's a good defender or not is a matter of opinion but any good player would adapt to their situation and not blame it on their surroundings. To blame other players and the club for not playing to his strengths is laughable. It's a bit like Gordon Ramsay saying that he couldn't produce a tasty meal because all he had to work with was a camping stove.
swampash
Legend

He must surely be stripped of the captaincy now?
dozer
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 1 year ago The comments were along the lines of De Gea being a shit goalie because he a) doesn't communicate much with Maguire and b) that he is shit with the ball. And because of that, Maguire felt that it made him look bad in defence. Then there was something along the lines of how if the club had bought players with pace, players that worked better with Maguire, that he would be able to show just how good a defender he is.

Whether he's a good defender or not is a matter of opinion but any good player would adapt to their situation and not blame it on their surroundings. To blame other players and the club for not playing to his strengths is laughable. It's a bit like Gordon Ramsay saying that he couldn't produce a tasty meal because all he had to work with was a camping stove.
Source?

The talk sport interview didn't have anything controversial.
https://talksport.com/football/1201834/ ... utd-italy/