Greenwood

Manchester United chat
Post Reply
User avatar
brianofnazarethffs
Legend
Posts: 1049
Joined: 11 years ago

What a vile, horrid, self-entitled cunt. I’ve never been a victim of domestic violence or experienced it thankfully, but, it absolutely boils my blood. I hate bullying of any form but when it’s male v female it takes it up another level for me. Add sexual assault to that and I want to kill that little piece of shit.

I don’t care how good he was going to be, I never want to see him in a united shirt again. Hopefully, no club takes him in a few years when everyone moves on! You’d never put it past some clubs!

From a pure selfish football point of view, a PLAYER (not man) of his level will leave us £70-100 million down and we have to now find a young player with the same footballing potential. A massive ball ache!

What a depressing time to be a united fan.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...


NQAT's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 4593
Joined: 11 years ago

brianofnazarethffs wrote: 2 years ago What a vile, horrid, self-entitled cunt. I’ve never been a victim of domestic violence or experienced it thankfully, but, it absolutely boils my blood. I hate bullying of any form but when it’s male v female it takes it up another level for me. Add sexual assault to that and I want to kill that little piece of shit.

I don’t care how good he was going to be, I never want to see him in a united shirt again. Hopefully, no club takes him in a few years when everyone moves on! You’d never put it past some clubs!

From a pure selfish football point of view, a PLAYER (not man) of his level will leave us £70-100 million down and we have to now find a young player with the same footballing potential. A massive ball ache!

What a depressing time to be a united fan.
Luckily I haven't heard the audio recording. I hear it's nasty and unsettling.

I'm sure he's done at United, and as others have said, probably any prem club.

I think we all agree that the football side of things isn't as important as the human side, but it is really shit from the perspective of a United supporter. If you think of all the players we were already set to lose over the next few months, many of them without any transfer fee coming back as compensation, and then add Greenwood as a total wipeout in terms of the squad and the accounts... I don't think the club has been in a worse situation in my lifetime. I actually think Ralf might really prove his value now, because United is looking a lot more like the rebuild jobs he specialised in the past, instead of some supposed top club.
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 4593
Joined: 11 years ago

I don't think this is a problem limited to United at all, it's obviously much more widespread. In fact, it seems to me that once a player starts to make it big, that their "entourage" and agents and the like probably have a lot more influence over them than their manager or club. I mean, if United can't stop young players leaving to take a pay day elsewhere, it probably doesn't have any influence over their private lives either.

If anything, United supporters have probably been more frustrated with Greenwood's recent performances than the average English pundit. Commentators and pundits consistently hype him up, often saying he's the man of the match when few United supporters would agree on the day in question. He has definitely been embraced as a big English hype story, not simply a United one. So the sycophantic bubble these players can live in goes well beyond the club.

That said, I hope the club at least does what it can to insist that certain moral standards apply, and not just in a shallow PR way.

English football has been good about making anti-racism a value of the sport in recent years, so maybe the same can happen concerning sexual/domestic assault. Everyone knows that being a racist is going to massively damage your career in English football these days (though probably not in many other countries); at the very least you're not going to get away with it being common knowledge among fellow players and your club. So maybe the same can happen with this sort of thing.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend
Posts: 10226
Joined: 11 years ago

Man United’s Mason Greenwood further arrested on suspicion of sexual assault and threats to kill

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... dApp_Other
User avatar
FuB
Site Admin
Posts: 2250
Joined: 8 years ago

All,

After a PM from one of our members and some thought on the matter, I've locked this thread. The situation is now a serious police matter and I don't think it will be of any use for any of us to publicly speculate further. We've all said everything that needs to be said here.

Do please PM me if you disagree or want to discuss this further. I don't want to lay down the law and I'm happy to unlock the thread if people really feel it's of any value to do so.

Thanks!
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
User avatar
dozer
Legend
Posts: 4045
Joined: 11 years ago

Mason Greenwood's rape charges have been dropped. Does that mean he comes back to play?

I think the club will try to not okay him because it'll be a pr nightmare if he does. But legally I don't think they can.
User avatar
Jason
Star Man
Posts: 840
Joined: 10 years ago

dozer wrote: 1 year ago Mason Greenwood's rape charges have been dropped. Does that mean he comes back to play?

I think the club will try to not okay him because it'll be a pr nightmare if he does. But legally I don't think they can.
Legally there is no reason for them not to.

What does that mean, there wasn't enough evidence to bring a charge? If I remember right, it wasn't the girl that brought them was it? The police acted from her posts, so if she didn't help them would be hard to charge him i guess.

Players have come back from rape charges before, but none as high profile as greenwood.

Minefield for the club really.
User avatar
FuB
Site Admin
Posts: 2250
Joined: 8 years ago

Jason wrote: 1 year ago
dozer wrote: 1 year ago Mason Greenwood's rape charges have been dropped. Does that mean he comes back to play?

I think the club will try to not okay him because it'll be a pr nightmare if he does. But legally I don't think they can.
Legally there is no reason for them not to.

What does that mean, there wasn't enough evidence to bring a charge? If I remember right, it wasn't the girl that brought them was it? The police acted from her posts, so if she didn't help them would be hard to charge him i guess.

Players have come back from rape charges before, but none as high profile as greenwood.

Minefield for the club really.
CPS spokesman says:

We have a duty to keep cases under continuous review.

In this case a combination of the withdrawal of key witnesses and new material that came to light meant there was no longer a realistic prospect of conviction. In these circumstances, we are under a duty to stop the case.

We have explained our decision to all parties.
doesn't really matter, though... mud sticks.

Would anyone object to me unlocking the Greenwood thread now so that any further discussion is on topic?
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
fat maradona
Legend
Posts: 1400
Joined: 10 years ago

Jason wrote: 1 year ago
What does that mean, there wasn't enough evidence to bring a charge? If I remember right, it wasn't the girl that brought them was it? The police acted from her posts, so if she didn't help them would be hard to charge him i guess.

Players have come back from rape charges before, but none as high profile as greenwood.

Minefield for the club really.
A CPS spokesperson said: "We have a duty to keep cases under continuous review. "In this case, a combination of the withdrawal of key witnesses and new material that came to light meant there was no longer a realistic prospect of conviction. In these circumstances, we are under a duty to stop the case."

Perhaps the leaked media which prompted his arrest made him look at his worst and subsequent investigation suggested it wasn't as bad. Who knows and I don't think it'll come to light.

It'd be hard for him to go to another club in this country. The club will wait and see what fan reaction is like. I mean, if the case has been dropped and he is legally not guilty, do us fans try and forget about it and welcome him back? Everything I knew was what the media had fed me and I've long since been skeptical of what the media tell me. He's been at the club since he was a kid, perhaps they do find a way to bring him back and 'rehab' him.
User avatar
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend
Posts: 4237
Joined: 10 years ago

It's obviously a difficult one, but I believe strongly in the presumption of innocence unless proven guilty. On that basis, I think he has to be given a chance to resume his career amd should be allowed to do so here. But either way, we won't be seeing him this season.

Purely in football terms, which I know this isn't a case of, he'd be a dynamite fit for Hags system.
Post Reply