Forum upgrade and changes

Manchester United chat
User avatar
FuB
Site Admin
Posts: 1554
Joined: 7 years ago

I can't imagine the humid environment in Ireland helps
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
User avatar
dozer
Legend
Posts: 2950
Joined: 9 years ago

The forums been stable for a long time. Credit where its due Fubs
:vampire:
User avatar
OliverB
Reserves
Posts: 70
Joined: 2 years ago

Message for the Admin, when I go to reply / post a topic I keep getting logged out after about 2 minutes, there was also a debug error at the top of the screen when I posted my last post, something about an 'array' or some thing like that.
;)
User avatar
FuB
Site Admin
Posts: 1554
Joined: 7 years ago

OliverB wrote: 1 year ago Message for the Admin, when I go to reply / post a topic I keep getting logged out after about 2 minutes, there was also a debug error at the top of the screen when I posted my last post, something about an 'array' or some thing like that.
I'm not sure about the getting logged out but the error you're receiving when you post a reply is something i assume we all get and doesn't cause a problem. You should now be past your post moderation period so see if that makes a difference to the auto-logout problem and let me know.
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
User avatar
dozer
Legend
Posts: 2950
Joined: 9 years ago

In my chrome mobile browser when I try to login by clicking on the user id field it redirects to some spam page.
In my Firefox mobile I was also auto logged out today after logging in about 12-16 hours ago yesterday. That's a bit unusual although I don't see any spam redirects in FF.
User avatar
dozer
Legend
Posts: 2950
Joined: 9 years ago

When I logon from my laptop, and go to http://unitedrant.co.uk/ranton/ it first shows me an ad and only after refreshing my page it goes to the forum.
Both FF and chrome.

I'm not fully certain since it's not always happening, but I think this issue doesn't occur in https. I think you should disable the http port fubs.
User avatar
swampash
Legend
Posts: 2373
Joined: 8 years ago

Hi dozer - I'm sure Fuß will give you a better answer but, in the meantime, I'm having no such issues on Firefox or Safari. You might want to check that you haven't inadvertently downloaded some adware. Google in particular is clever at installing stuff on your computer without you realising. If you go to Firefox Preferences and click on Privacy and Security and then scroll down to Cookies and Site Data and then clck on Manage Data you can see which websites have downloaded cookies. I'm no expert by a long way, but if you check through the list you will probably find google has loaded some adware cookies. If so, you can probably then perform a similar check on Chrome.
Hope that helps.
User avatar
FuB
Site Admin
Posts: 1554
Joined: 7 years ago

dozer wrote: 1 year ago When I logon from my laptop, and go to http://unitedrant.co.uk/ranton/ it first shows me an ad and only after refreshing my page it goes to the forum.
Both FF and chrome.

I'm not fully certain since it's not always happening, but I think this issue doesn't occur in https. I think you should disable the http port fubs.

You almost certainly have some sort of redirect/proxy malware on your computer and/or someone is intercepting and modifying your traffic. It would be worth you being certain about whether it happens for both http and https since that would give some insights as to your issue.

If the website itself had been hacked, firstly, we would all be experiencing the same issues and, secondly, it's not really within my remit to solve. if it turns out to be more widespread (which i doubt), i'll get in touch with Ed and see if he needs me to assist with tidying anything up. Disabling port 80 would be utterly pointless since I'm pretty confident the issue is at your end and not at this end.

Since your malware knows to look at and intercept login forms, I'd make changing all your passwords a priority as well. If you need some help in getting your computer fixed then feel free to drop me a PM although i'm not sure how much help I can be to you. Its not entirely clear if you are saying you're experiencing issues with more than one device - you mention both your laptop and "chrome mobile browser".
swampash wrote: 1 year ago Hi dozer - I'm sure Fuß will give you a better answer but, in the meantime, I'm having no such issues on Firefox or Safari. You might want to check that you haven't inadvertently downloaded some adware. Google in particular is clever at installing stuff on your computer without you realising. If you go to Firefox Preferences and click on Privacy and Security and then scroll down to Cookies and Site Data and then clck on Manage Data you can see which websites have downloaded cookies. I'm no expert by a long way, but if you check through the list you will probably find google has loaded some adware cookies. If so, you can probably then perform a similar check on Chrome.
Hope that helps.
Thanks for confirming this, Swampash. It's very helpful.
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
User avatar
swampash
Legend
Posts: 2373
Joined: 8 years ago

Cheers Fuß.
User avatar
dozer
Legend
Posts: 2950
Joined: 9 years ago

I'll check my laptop. I don't think it's my device issue since I saw this on both my macbook and my phone (android)

I was staying on a beach shack in Goa yesterday. I don't know if their WiFi was safe to use since it was a shared WiFi.

I tried this in my macbook with FF and chrome in private mode. Http gave me those ads after which I needed to refresh the page to see the forum. Https didn't have this issue. I wasn't always able to see this problem on my mac on http so this is why I'm not sure if https also didn't have a problem.

But I did always see an issue in my mobile (only in chrome, not FF) when I tried to login (ad redirect when I clicked on enter user id). Using https in my mobile chrome browser didn't have this issue.

Macbook:
- http Firefox - ad page in united.../ranton page
- http Chrome - same as above.
- https no issues on both browsers

Android phone:
- http Chrome - ad page redirect at login screen while trying to enter user id. (this always happened)
- http Firefox - no issues
- https no issues on both browsers


Anyway. I'm back home now. Let me see if this issue persists. If it doesn't it was almost definitely the WiFi.
I decided not to log on to anything else yesterday. Thank fuck for that.

Edit: I'm not seeing this issue anymore. I think it must have been their wifi.
There isn't a way to change the forum password, is there? Can't see an option here.
Post Reply