Other Teams' Stuff

Non-United football chat
Fuck the Glazers
Legend
Posts: 10277
Joined: 11 years ago

Jason wrote: 3 months ago
Fuck the Glazers wrote: 3 months ago I cursed it tbf, 3-2

Great goals from City. When you plow billions of petrol dollars into a club and break 115 rules, you can amass a ridiculous amount of world class players that can produce quality like this.

It's like watching the doped Olympics
Watched it, hopefully Madrid can finish the job in the 2nd leg, it was entertaining, but listening to them wax lyrical about city is pretty grating, i mean, who cares about the 116 charges.
Totally, the City wankathon is bollocks. Like you say, they're cheating, and also they conceded 3 goals. It could have been 5 or 6. Bellingham, Vinicious, Rodrygo and Camavinga is shit hot. Maybe better than anything we have in the Prem.
User avatar
Felwin
Legend
Posts: 1580
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: Abroad

Fuck the Glazers wrote: 3 months ago
Jason wrote: 3 months ago
Fuck the Glazers wrote: 3 months ago I cursed it tbf, 3-2

Great goals from City. When you plow billions of petrol dollars into a club and break 115 rules, you can amass a ridiculous amount of world class players that can produce quality like this.

It's like watching the doped Olympics
Watched it, hopefully Madrid can finish the job in the 2nd leg, it was entertaining, but listening to them wax lyrical about city is pretty grating, i mean, who cares about the 116 charges.
Totally, the City wankathon is bollocks. Like you say, they're cheating, and also they conceded 3 goals. It could have been 5 or 6. Bellingham, Vinicious, Rodrygo and Camavinga is shit hot. Maybe better than anything we have in the Prem.
What annoys me is the way they pretend to give even handed coverage. Like they'll casually mention the charges but only for someone to say "can we talk about the football" as if talking about the action and not the action itself is ruining the game.
User avatar
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend
Posts: 4251
Joined: 10 years ago

I don't give Madrid much of a chance in the 2nd Leg.

I can genuinely see City doing another treble.
User avatar
Felwin
Legend
Posts: 1580
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: Abroad

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 3 months ago I don't give Madrid much of a chance in the 2nd Leg.

I can genuinely see City doing another treble.
I'd say they're odds on. Obviously Arsenal and the Scousers are close in the league but who can actually challenge them otherwise?
User avatar
dozer
Legend
Posts: 4096
Joined: 11 years ago

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 3 months ago I don't give Madrid much of a chance in the 2nd Leg.

I can genuinely see City doing another treble.
I prefer City over Madrid.
I forgot the name of that cunt who tried to buy ronaldo from us.
Anyone over Madrid.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend
Posts: 10277
Joined: 11 years ago

The club’s auditors have also said there is “material uncertainty” over future financing “that may cast significant doubt about the group’s ability to continue as a going concern”

Auditors now saying Everton are fucked

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ts-suggest
Fuck the Glazers
Legend
Posts: 10277
Joined: 11 years ago

What's fucked is Everton's finances are not unique, they're quite typical of a Prem club. Most run at a loss and can't pay off debts hence the need for regulation. Looks like the boom is over.
User avatar
Felwin
Legend
Posts: 1580
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: Abroad

Just imagine how bad it would be if there was no FFP
Fuck the Glazers
Legend
Posts: 10277
Joined: 11 years ago

Felwin wrote: 3 months ago Just imagine how bad it would be if there was no FFP
Totally. One of the reasons Everton voted in FFP was to bring about some financial prudence. But their current owners ignored that. We may need stronger regulation like the spanish gov introduced to la liga cos clubs can't regulate themselves. Everton introduced these rules then got hysterical when they got punished.

What's also fucked is how Everton have survived as a club for nearly 150 years - including two world wars. Yet it's this era of wild west capitalism that may see them go under.
User avatar
Felwin
Legend
Posts: 1580
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: Abroad

Fuck the Glazers wrote: 3 months ago What's also fucked is how Everton have survived as a club for nearly 150 years - including two world wars. Yet it's this era of wild west capitalism that may see them go under.
It’s the same with a lot of institutions since the 80s. Once everything is a product or an asset, the idea of anything lasting generations dies - even if it’s a slow death. Football club going bust? Just find a new one to support, you commie. They didn’t deserve to survive under the rules of capitalism.
Post Reply