Other Teams' Stuff

Non-United football chat
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Fuck. Spurs 2-0 up against City. Not good for us in terms of top 4.

And Arsenal sign Trossard for 27m. Cracking deal. A better player than Antony for nearly quarter the price.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Fuck the Glazers wrote: 1 year ago Good analysis about Haaland at City

Begs the question do you need a world class CF nowadays? Haaland is on course to be the greatest ever but in order to get the most out of him, you have to relinquish some control in games which in turn makes you more susceptible to conceding. This is what's happening to City.

The challenge for Pep is how to incorporate the greatest ever CF in a team but not lose as many games. It might not be possible.

This is interesting from our point of view as Hag also believes in control. But he plays riskier football.
I feel this is relevant given the scoreline
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

10 mins into 2nd half and it's 2-2. City are battering em atm
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Fuck the Glazers wrote: 1 year ago
Fuck the Glazers wrote: 1 year ago Good analysis about Haaland at City

Begs the question do you need a world class CF nowadays? Haaland is on course to be the greatest ever but in order to get the most out of him, you have to relinquish some control in games which in turn makes you more susceptible to conceding. This is what's happening to City.

The challenge for Pep is how to incorporate the greatest ever CF in a team but not lose as many games. It might not be possible.

This is interesting from our point of view as Hag also believes in control. But he plays riskier football.
I feel this is relevant given the scoreline
Its a really interesting point. They're definitely more vulnerable to being countered.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

3-2 City now.
bman2
Legend

Yeah Pep has never really liked having a proper striker. I think he agreed to sign Haaland because he’s getting desperate to win the CL.
dozer
Legend

bman2 wrote: 1 year ago Yeah Pep has never really liked having a proper striker. I think he agreed to sign Haaland because he’s getting desperate to win the CL.
I initially agreed with you but then I remembered he bought Ibra at Barca. So I'm not sure.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

dozer wrote: 1 year ago
bman2 wrote: 1 year ago Yeah Pep has never really liked having a proper striker. I think he agreed to sign Haaland because he’s getting desperate to win the CL.
I initially agreed with you but then I remembered he bought Ibra at Barca. So I'm not sure.
Like the vid says, it concerns horizontal vs vertical play. Pep likes horizontal play aka sideways passing to assert control, whereas Klopp prefers vertical play aka constant balls played forward and in behind.

Haaland would work better in the latter. He makes shitloads of attacking runs in behind but City don't play many of those balls cos they're too risky. Pep wants to exert control by keeping the ball.

I think style wise Kane would have been a better fit at City cos he drops deep rather than runs in behind (Son does all the running), and can play as a 10. Similar to Ibra. It aligns with the way Pep wants to play the game whilst also scoring a shitload of goals.

It'll be interesting to see how he solves the Haaland conundrum. Maybe a world class box to box midfielder will fill the hole.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Lampard is about to be sacked, and rightly so. People had the nerve to compare him to Ole. Ole got back to back top 4 finishes in the Prem which no manager has managed at United since Fergie.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Gakpo is a bit shit for Liverpool tbh. Grealish is for City, Sancho and Antony for us.

I wonder is it harder to be a wide player now?