Other Teams' Stuff

Non-United football chat
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Looks like Arsenal are bottling the league. City are 4 points off them with a game in hand, and they still have to play Arsenal.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

City are going to win the treble.
swampash
Legend

Fuck the Glazers wrote: 11 months ago Looks like Arsenal are bottling the league. City are 4 points off them with a game in hand, and they still have to play Arsenal.
Title decider?
Felwin
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 11 months ago City are going to win the treble.
*Abu Dhabi
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Interesting vid on De Zerbi. He's bringing new things to the Prem.

Fuck the Glazers
Legend

swampash wrote: 11 months ago
Fuck the Glazers wrote: 11 months ago Looks like Arsenal are bottling the league. City are 4 points off them with a game in hand, and they still have to play Arsenal.
Title decider?
Most likely. I really hope Arsenal hold on. They're bellends but it's better than a state project winning 3 in a row. It's also crucial for the Prem. City can't win 5 of the last 6. It's a boring, state led monopoly that will be challenged only by other another state aka the Saudis.

I think there's an emerging existential crisis happening in our league. A lot of fan talk these days centres around states, doping etc not players, goals, tackles etc.

For many a state-doped clubs' success is bullshit. And they're right, it is bullshit. It's Lance Armstrong stuff. That plus the gentrification of football (Fulham are charging 3k for STs in their new stand ffs!) at a time when people in the UK are a lot poorer, is for me the main reason interest in football is declining
swampash
Legend

Normal service resumed at Chelsea under Lampard...
Felwin
Legend

Fuck the Glazers wrote: 11 months ago
swampash wrote: 11 months ago
Title decider?
Most likely. I really hope Arsenal hold on. They're bellends but it's better than a state project winning 3 in a row. It's also crucial for the Prem. City can't win 5 of the last 6. It's a boring, state led monopoly that will be challenged only by other another state aka the Saudis.

I think there's an emerging existential crisis happening in our league. A lot of fan talk these days centres around states, doping etc not players, goals, tackles etc.

For many a state-doped clubs' success is bullshit. And they're right, it is bullshit. It's Lance Armstrong stuff. That plus the gentrification of football (Fulham are charging 3k for STs in their new stand ffs!) at a time when people in the UK are a lot poorer, is for me the main reason interest in football is declining
It's a generation thing as well. I can only talk personally about my younger colleagues in Germany but they're only vaguely interested in the team they support and mainly just watch highlights here and there on TikTok and Instagram. My mates in the UK tell me it's similar there. Not saying there's owt wrong with it, things just move on.

You're right though, toxic stuff puts people off big time. There's almost a perfect storm of moral bankruptcy, lower interest from the under 30s, high prices and worsening spending power. And people do see it for bullshit as well. My City mates have been livid at the press the last few years for talking too much about Liverpool, United's problems, Arsenal this year, even Leeds and Newcastle get more airtime. But that's the price you pay for dancing with the devil. Their "success" will never be as real. The press are right to have smaller interest in City, no-one gives a fuck about them apart from about 30,000 mancs and the UAE.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Wow, Arsenal 1-3 Southampton

This is a classic bottlejob
Jason
Star Man

Fuck the Glazers wrote: 11 months ago Wow, Arsenal 1-3 Southampton

This is a classic bottlejob
Even with the draw, the pressures got to them.

2nil and cruising vs both Liverpool and west ham, and blew both leads.

Ramsdale with as big a balls up as degea on Thursday didn't help 30 secs into the game.

Shelf utd, please produce a miracle today!