Other Teams' Stuff

Non-United football chat
fat maradona
Legend

Fuck the Glazers wrote: 1 year ago Chelsea :))

So many comparisons to United under Woodward only the sums are worse. 360m spent in 6 months and they're 10th.

Felix sent off on his debut
I did have a chuckle when I saw the result and Felix getting sent off.

Potter isn't man enough to manage that lot IMO and Boehly has spunked far too much money on players he wanted for there to be any cohesion. You're spot on Sid, you can compare them to United under Woodward.

Funny as fuck though
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 1 year ago
Fuck the Glazers wrote: 1 year ago Chelsea :))

So many comparisons to United under Woodward only the sums are worse. 360m spent in 6 months and they're 10th.

Felix sent off on his debut
I did have a chuckle when I saw the result and Felix getting sent off.

Potter isn't man enough to manage that lot IMO and Boehly has spunked far too much money on players he wanted for there to be any cohesion. You're spot on Sid, you can compare them to United under Woodward.

Funny as fuck though
He's suspended now for 3 games as well.

Chelsea are paying him over a million a game - so that's 3m + spent for him to sit on the bench :))
dozer
Legend

He looked really good until he got sent off.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Chelsea are going batshit. Its good to watch. They've always been a bit knee jerk - but they had a plan and you can't argue that it didn't work. But now, its all random.

Its like watching us over the last few years. Hopefully we're getting our shit together just as they're imploding.
fat maradona
Legend

They’ve just gone and spent another €100m on Mudryk.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 1 year ago They’ve just gone and spent another €100m on Mudryk.
That's over 450m spent in 6 months if you include the 15/20m Tuchel pay out.

I know in the takeover deal they had to set aside funds for transfers so they couldn't come in and implement austerity like the Glazers did. I think it was 300m. But they've already burned through that.

Kieran Mcguire reckons they're going for the FSG / Liverpool approach aka buying a club to then sell it on at a higher price. So perhaps Boehly and Clearlake believe spending 85m on a player adds 85m to the overall value of the club. Bit like Woodward 'locking in the value' of players. However, if that player is shit for 6 months, their value plummets and you lose lots of money.

If at any point Clearlake make the club pay this money back, Chelsea are going bust.
Felwin
Legend

Scousers getting battered and Welbeck with the icing on the cake. This day gets better and better.

If England's Frank Lampard gets sacked and the Gooners lose their derby, perfect weekend.
Felwin
Legend

Fuck the Glazers wrote: 1 year ago
fat maradona wrote: 1 year ago They’ve just gone and spent another €100m on Mudryk.
That's over 450m spent in 6 months if you include the 15/20m Tuchel pay out.

I know in the takeover deal they had to set aside funds for transfers so they couldn't come in and implement austerity like the Glazers did. I think it was 300m. But they've already burned through that.

Kieran Mcguire reckons they're going for the FSG / Liverpool approach aka buying a club to then sell it on at a higher price. So perhaps Boehly and Clearlake believe spending 85m on a player adds 85m to the overall value of the club. Bit like Woodward 'locking in the value' of players. However, if that player is shit for 6 months, their value plummets and you lose lots of money.

If at any point Clearlake make the club pay this money back, Chelsea are going bust.
I'm worried tbf. If we get similar owners they might tear up Hag's progress and start throwing players at him he doesn't want for shitlaods of money. Really hated the Chelsea model anyway, now they're beyond a joke.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

The improvement in Arsenal this season is stark. I keep waiting for them to drop off buy they're looking more and more like the real deal.

Partey looks excellent, and Odegard and Saka have teams on toast. Its going to be a very, very difficult game next week.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Good analysis about Haaland at City

Begs the question do you need a world class CF nowadays? Haaland is on course to be the greatest ever but in order to get the most out of him, you have to relinquish some control in games which in turn makes you more susceptible to conceding. This is what's happening to City.

The challenge for Pep is how to incorporate the greatest ever CF in a team but not lose as many games. It might not be possible.

This is interesting from our point of view as Hag also believes in control. But he plays riskier football.