Other Teams' Stuff

Non-United football chat
dozer
Legend

Arteta hasn't accepted the referee's apology for the Var mistake. Ten hag complains but imo he's not hard enough. He's too nice about it.

It's not like it's only Arsenal who were hard done by. I suppose almost every team is affected. Arteta wasn't too nice about it this time and that's good. If anything the only lesson the inept referees will learn from this is to officially never admit to a mistake. Then this would have been buried in the list of other mistakes by the officials.
Jason
Star Man

Lol, Pope sent off for newcastle so misses the final, and pretty sure dubravka is cup tied due to having played for us.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Pope sent off for Newcastle so he'll miss the final against us. Won't Dubravka be Cup tied too?
Jason
Star Man

Liverpool 2 nil up inside 14min, and have absolutely crumbled.

We play them after the league Cup final at anfield, hopefully a cup win will boost the team ahead of the trip!
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Jason wrote: 1 year ago Liverpool 2 nil up inside 14min, and have absolutely crumbled.

We play them after the league Cup final at anfield, hopefully a cup win will boost the team ahead of the trip!
I caught the second half - Liverpool were wide open and Real were on it.

It seemss Klopp is struggling to rebuild. Another reminder of how imperious Fergie was building multiple successful teams.
fat maradona
Legend

Fuck the Glazers wrote: 1 year ago
Jason wrote: 1 year ago Liverpool 2 nil up inside 14min, and have absolutely crumbled.

I caught the second half - Liverpool were wide open and Real were on it.

It seemss Klopp is struggling to rebuild. Another reminder of how imperious Fergie was building multiple successful teams.
People are quick to criticise our transfers but apart from the obvious 4 (Salah, Mane, VVD and Alison), the rest of their transfers have been poor. Keita is shite, Thiago seems lost in Klopps system, the strikers haven't worked out. In Klopp's defence, he hasn't been backed properly and the owners sat back and basked in the 3 years of glory where they were the best team in the world.
Felwin
Legend

Arteta constantly moaning about fixture congestion while playing in 1 competition.

Since Boxing Day Arsenal have played 11 games. By tomorrow evening we'll have played 19 with a thinner squad (including two emergency loans), knocked out Barcelona and hopefully won a trophy.

Ten Hag is getting prematurely called an "elite coach" IMO. If he wins 2+ trophies this season I'll say the same - right now he's not quite there for me.

But he's clearly well above Arteta's level. Arteta needed 3 seasons to get going and started from a stable base. Hag might have us on the cusp of greatness in the space of 8-9 months and off the back of the worst season in 50 years. And he never makes excuses.
Jason
Star Man

Incredible

dozer
Legend

Jason wrote: 1 year ago Incredible

He wasn't sacked because of the results. Boehly said he didn't agree with his vision. That is buying a whole new team in the Jan window. We didn't know what he had in mind when Tuchel was sacked.
swampash
Legend

Has Tuchel taken on another job yet? Not spotted him anywhere.