Other Teams' Stuff

Non-United football chat
FuB
Site Admin

Jason wrote: 1 year ago
dozer wrote: 1 year ago Tuchel has spent almost 300m this window.
If he doesn't get a tune out of these players he's going to get sacked.
Imo the number 1 skill for managers is doing well at transfers. Tactics, man management etc are all easily secondary. Most managers seem to blow it at transfers. Rodgers, Gaal, Ole etc come to mind. Tuchel seems to be shit at it too.
Mystic Dozer strikes.

Thats him gone. Bit rash if you ask me, I think Chelsea are going to turn into a circus, heres hoping anyways!

Im not even sure how much input he had on who was getting signed, Pochettino surely the man to come in. Will go down well with the spurs fans :)
This seems in line with Boehly's approach... it's clear he's calling all the shots and making all the decisions.

If Poch comes in then let's hope it continues to be a circus or we'll have bman telling us he told us so.
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
fat maradona
Legend

They’ve approached Potter as their man. I’m surprised they didn’t persevere with him, remember how Tuchel was flavour of the month only 6 months ago. It’ll always be a circus at Chelsea
swampash
Legend

Imo the number 1 skill for managers is doing well at transfers. Tactics, man management etc are all easily secondary. Most managers seem to blow it at transfers. Rodgers, Gaal, Ole etc come to mind. Tuchel seems to be shit at it too.
Mystic Dozer strikes.

Thats him gone. Bit rash if you ask me, I think Chelsea are going to turn into a circus, heres hoping anyways!

Im not even sure how much input he had on who was getting signed, Pochettino surely the man to come in. Will go down well with the spurs fans :)
Struck me as a bit rash too. Maybe a bit of a private equity knee jerk.
swampash
Legend

Tedesco fired at Leipzig today too. Not surprised by that one to be honest.
dozer
Legend

Klopp is being humble in defeat. I didn't think I'd see the day.
FuB
Site Admin

dozer wrote: 1 year ago Klopp is being humble in defeat. I didn't think I'd see the day.
Well, it's already sacking season innit? Tuchel's recent successes didn't save him.
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

FuB wrote: 1 year ago
Mystic Dozer strikes.

This seems in line with Boehly's approach... it's clear he's calling all the shots and making all the decisions.

If Poch comes in then let's hope it continues to be a circus or we'll have bman telling us he told us so.
I think that's why he's gone with Potter aka a smaller manager who is grateful for the job. A top manager like Poch would tell Todd to back the fuck off identifying and signing players. Potter won't so much, he's not as strong or proven.

Also it's not just Boehly, I watched a vid by the Athletic who said a bloke called Iqbal that works for the investment firm that actually own Chelsea, is working alongside Boehly identifying and signing players. Seriously Chelsea are fucked.
swampash
Legend

Potter would be relatively cheap too, which would sit well with the cost cutting agenda of a PE firm, I suspect.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

swampash wrote: 1 year ago Potter would be relatively cheap too, which would sit well with the cost cutting agenda of a PE firm, I suspect.
Yeah, especially after they just blew 272m on new players in one summer. They're spending like Abramovic is funding the club when in reality they've blown more than a quarter of their 10 year transfer budget in one window.

What's fucked is Aubameyang is probably the only player they've signed that Tuchel 100% approved of as they were reportedly very close when they worked together at Dortmund. But 6 days after Aubameyang signs, Boehly sacks Tuchel.

I just read Boehly rang Aubameyang to reassure him he has a future at the club. Keep saying it but Chelsea are fucked.
dozer
Legend

Have you guys heard the latest Todd boehly quotes. He's going to fuck shit up haha. Looks worse than the Glazers already.

But who knows. He could be a visionary.