V Coventry

Forum for match day threads
Jason
Star Man

Fuck the Glazers wrote: 2 months ago
fat maradona wrote: 3 months ago Who can you give the job to though? It's a calamity from all angles. Shite coaching by the looks of it, shite recruitment for sure. Just shite. If it weren't for the youth potential we have, I'd write this club off.
Ole? He had a good record against Pep, some great wins. He'll play on the counter which it seems like half this team want to do.
I'm certain he'd get a better performance than what we'd get with ETH, and that's pretty damning.
swampash
Legend

If Ten Hag had any gumption he’d resign.
fat maradona
Legend

swampash wrote: 2 months ago If Ten Hag had any gumption he’d resign.
And so should Casemiro and Rashford.
Felwin
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 2 months ago
Would you resign if you were on that money knowing there was no guarantee you'd earn anywhere near it again if you quit?

We just have to wait a lot of these fuckers out unfortunately. Still years of Glazer mess to clear up for INEOS and the next manager. I reckon next season will be shit too and it'll take a few transfer windows before we see an uptick.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Felwin wrote: 2 months ago
fat maradona wrote: 2 months ago
Would you resign if you were on that money knowing there was no guarantee you'd earn anywhere near it again if you quit?

We just have to wait a lot of these fuckers out unfortunately. Still years of Glazer mess to clear up for INEOS and the next manager. I reckon next season will be shit too and it'll take a few transfer windows before we see an uptick.
The club broke the 200k wage cap to give those two deals. No doubt that inflated their egos massively, and created resentment amongst others who contribute more on the pitch but aren't allowed to earn more.

You're right, sorting out this shit is gonna take ages. The rebuild needs to be done skillfully. It's on Ashworth, Wilcox etc. They need a mandate to be brutal and make big decisions like axing top players. And this 'but think of their commercial value' from the Glazers needs ignoring. The commercial pull of individual players that are routinely shit is worth fuck all compared to the overall commercial value of a successful, attractive club.

There were empty seats at a semi final at Wembley FFS. We're at the point we reached under Jose where fans don't want to pay and watch the team.