Other Teams' Stuff

Non-United football chat
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

swampash wrote: 2 months ago Hmmm, not sure this adds up to getting rid of fan ownership. It's all about the German league needing investment in a subsidiary to build a modern broadcasting platform to capitalise on the broadcasting rights. Obviously it's about return on investment - private equity is not a charity - but I don't personally see it as the thin end of the wedge that will overturn German football. I suspect a lot of the protesters are slightly misinformed and are jumping on the general mood of dissatisfaction over here.
I don't know the ins and outs but the fans are absolutely right to protest any kind of private equity in their game. The attitude from some owners and the bundesliga is that they need investment to bridge the gap between them and the Prem. That would eventually involve ditching the 50 plus 1 rule and allowing clubs to ve sold to billionaires, states and PE - something these cunts have talked about for years.

But German fans know chasing the Prem is bollocks. What they want is to keep their cheap tickets, their atmospheres and control of their clubs, cos this is what football is all about. If this deal had have gone through, more PE would be interested and it could snowball from there. Now there's a total hostile atmosphere to those cunts so it will be a while before they try again.

Btw how good is this protest from German fans

Felwin
Legend

Fuck the Glazers wrote: 1 month ago
swampash wrote: 2 months ago Hmmm, not sure this adds up to getting rid of fan ownership. It's all about the German league needing investment in a subsidiary to build a modern broadcasting platform to capitalise on the broadcasting rights. Obviously it's about return on investment - private equity is not a charity - but I don't personally see it as the thin end of the wedge that will overturn German football. I suspect a lot of the protesters are slightly misinformed and are jumping on the general mood of dissatisfaction over here.
I don't know the ins and outs but the fans are absolutely right to protest any kind of private equity in their game. The attitude from some owners and the bundesliga is that they need investment to bridge the gap between them and the Prem. That would eventually involve ditching the 50 plus 1 rule and allowing clubs to ve sold to billionaires, states and PE - something these cunts have talked about for years.

But German fans know chasing the Prem is bollocks. What they want is to keep their cheap tickets, their atmospheres and control of their clubs, cos this is what football is all about. If this deal had have gone through, more PE would be interested and it could snowball from there. Now there's a total hostile atmosphere to those cunts so it will be a while before they try again.

Btw how good is this protest from German fans

I’m with you Sid. I get what Swampy is saying about it being not the end of the world and in comparison to the Prem and the owners we have, it’s not a big deal at all. But I really think it is the thin end of the wedge. It might not be the motivation for every fan that’s protesting, but the wider idea is about sticking to principles. Principles that so many fans are willing to sell off for a bit of success or in the case of the Bundesliga, shiny presentation and a few better players.

And that fan protest is top notch.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Inzaghi is doing some interesting stuff at Inter. Lots of fluidity in positions including CBs that join attacks, cross and score.

It seems to have adopted a name already "da terzo a terzo"

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... -a-bologna
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Everton's latest financials make grim reading. Huge losses, and that's not including the stadium debt. Looks like they'll have more points docked. They're now a 'going concern'. A long period in the lower leagues while they try and get on top of their finances looks a dead cert.

I hope now Evertonians turn their anger on their shithead owners who have been reckless doing deals with russian war criminals, rather than the FFP & PSR rules that they themselves helped devise and implement.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Football is in a huge state, across the pyramid. Its eating itself.
swampash
Legend

Hi Sid; if they’re a ‘going concern’ that means they are expected to continue in business in the basis of their current financial position. I think that categorisation is a positive thing, isn’t it?
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

swampash wrote: 2 weeks ago Hi Sid; if they’re a ‘going concern’ that means they are expected to continue in business in the basis of their current financial position. I think that categorisation is a positive thing, isn’t it?
The way I read it is going concern to the authorities, the people they owe money to etc. Their losses have doubled and are unsustainable. This is not factoring in the stadium cost. They're spending something like 90% of their income on wages, so they're gonna have to sell to continue. Theyr

There's talk of Jarrad Branthwaite being up for grabs. Is he any good? We're in the market for a CB
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

The total player cost stat is fucked - 124 quid for every 100 quid

Felwin
Legend

Everton’s owners need punishing but it’ll be the fans that bear the brunt. The fact they’re in the crosshairs while City win everything thanks to less visible but much more immoral corruption says it all about where the authorities’ priorities lie.
swampash
Legend

I’m still confused by this ‘going concern‘ categorisation. Surely it means their auditors have signed off their accounts on the basis that the club can meet its current liabilities?