Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Dozer's using bullet points now
FuB
Site Admin

Fuck the Glazers wrote: 1 month ago Dozer's using bullet points now
..and cross-posting with quotes from a different thread. Some people might call that "bad forumming"

I'm also still waiting to know who these "many" on here are who wanted the Qataris in. I mean, the word "many" is fucking stretching it for a start where this forum is concerned.
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
dozer
Legend

FuB wrote: 1 month ago
..and cross-posting with quotes from a different thread. Some people might call that "bad forumming"

I'm also still waiting to know who these "many" on here are who wanted the Qataris in. I mean, the word "many" is fucking stretching it for a start where this forum is concerned.
viewtopic.php?t=2865&start=680
A few I've found. JoelfuckingGlazer, bman, Jason.
And our very own fubs playing it safe (as usual) without posting a real opinion but you've defended their position to swamps with some word play in that same page.

The general tone I found here was "I don't want qatar but I'd still take them over the Glazers" because as you succinctly summarised it there are "people finding it hard to be forced into a choice of giving up something they really LOVE"

I'm not judging morals. If some wanted the Qataris, fair enough, I'm not judging them - it's their opinion. Going after posters instead of debating the post is your thing, not mine. I've mentioned before that I've watched the world cup ie I've happily consumed a Qatari product so I can't complain when others do business with them. I said the jassim takeover was a bad idea because they're probably shit owners. It's better for us avoid going deep with entities that have poor ethics - for selfish reasons, because they'd potentially screw us over when they get the chance.
Felwin
Legend

dozer wrote: 1 month ago

And our very own fubs playing it safe (as usual) without posting a real opinion but you've defended their position to swamps with some word play in that same page.

The general tone I found here was "I don't want qatar but I'd still take them over the Glazers" because as you succinctly summarised it there are "people finding it hard to be forced into a choice of giving up something they really LOVE"

I'm not judging morals. If some wanted the Qataris, fair enough, I'm not judging them - it's their opinion. Going after posters instead of debating the post is your thing, not mine. I've mentioned before that I've watched the world cup ie I've happily consumed a Qatari product so I can't complain when others do business with them. I said the jassim takeover was a bad idea because they're probably shit owners. It's better for us avoid going deep with entities that have poor ethics - for selfish reasons, because they'd potentially screw us over when they get the chance.
Dozer, you're the forum's spin doctor tbf. That page you linked to clearly shows how all of us were really unsure and battling with what a Qatari takeover might actually mean. There was no consensus whatsoever, just a broad range of opinions. There's no firm support for the bid, no-on wanted it. The closest to support are the three you highlight and they can be better summed up as "because the Glazers have ruined everything, I'd be prepared to accept investment, even if it comes with strings attatched". That's more an expression of how much the Glazers have dragged us through the dirt than "wanting" the Qataris.

Thanks for linking that page actually. Nice to read the broad range of opinions from those concerned with the club's future.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Felwin wrote: 1 month ago

Dozer, you're the forum's spin doctor tbf. That page you linked to clearly shows how all of us were really unsure and battling with what a Qatari takeover might actually mean. There was no consensus whatsoever, just a broad range of opinions. There's no firm support for the bid, no-on wanted it. The closest to support are the three you highlight and they can be better summed up as "because the Glazers have ruined everything, I'd be prepared to accept investment, even if it comes with strings attatched". That's more an expression of how much the Glazers have dragged us through the dirt than "wanting" the Qataris.

Thanks for linking that page actually. Nice to read the broad range of opinions from those concerned with the club's future.
All this plus the fact the Qataris and a fair bit of the media were adament it wasn't a state bid, it was a private bid by one of the family members. So it's hard based on virtually no facts to make up your mind on whether you want the Qataris or not. I think in the end people thought it's probably a state bid and went with that but it wasn't so apparent at first.

A forum is the place for people to mull these things over with others, to put your thoughts down on paper and see what others think. The shit thing about state bids is that they're so tempting cos it's guaranteed success, and the trade off is often hard to fathom.
FuB
Site Admin

At the time, I didn't read anyone's comments as favouring a Qatari bid and I still don't now. Quite the opposite in fact.
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
Jason
Star Man

At the time, I didn't read anyone's comments as favouring a Qatari bid and I still don't now. Quite the opposite in fact.
Ok dozer - yes that post is clearly showing I was all for and wanted the qatari bid ffs.

Here are 2 direct quotes, the 1st from your referenced post:

"Its a tricky one, I'm against the qatar bid"

On a seperate post -
"Be nice to avoid financial doping."

Does is get any clearer than "I'm against the qatar bid"? The rest of my quote was around what I would do if it did come to pass, that in no way equates to me wanting qatar as owners

Think you are really grasping on this one to suggest that post indicates how many, myself included, were Qatari in.

Compare what you read there to what was in the twitter-sphere at the time, with users having qatar flags, and well known youtubers going all in on the qatar bid.
dozer
Legend

MEN says 21 players could ALL be sold?
If this is true, Ineos has been lurking in this thread and recording my posts.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

United won't sell nearly our entire midfield. They probably won't even sell half of the players on that list. We don't even have any cunt in post to do the selling yet.
dozer
Legend

Fuck the Glazers wrote: 1 month ago United won't sell nearly our entire midfield. They probably won't even sell half of the players on that list. We don't even have any cunt in post to do the selling yet.
That's more likely unfortunately. But if they don't get rid of all these players right away, we'll end up with the cancer still in the squad and we're not going to improve.

Lose all of these players, save the wages, buy who we can and take 10th to 13th place finishes for a season.
That's okay.

I still think we can get top 7 by getting rid of these players and just buying a few good players. Our squad is still bloated with crap. Promote the youth. A youth player isn't worse than Antony and Sancho which is a combined worth of 170m in transfers alone.