Erik Ten Hag

Manchester United chat
Felwin
Legend

Fuck the Glazers wrote: 2 months ago
swampash wrote: 2 months ago
dozer wrote: 2 months ago The players need to be sacked before the manager.

Ten Hag has an easy solution. He needs to play 2 holding midfielders always. Teams cut through our centre too easily.

Mainoo, Amrabat and Casemiro compete for the 2 holding midfield spots.

Bruno, Mount, Eriksen, McTominay and Van De Beek (lol) compete for the single attacking midfield spot.

And don't fucking play Luke Shaw as a CB when we're leaking so many goals.
How about sticking McTominay up front - seems to be the only one who knows where the opposition goal is?
I think that's why he's in the team. He compromises the team as a whole but scores goals. It's Fellaini all over again. It's last ditch from Hag who just needs goals.
Agreed. Just like with Fellaini, McT in the team and as our top scorer is a sign of how shit we are, not a positive. Good for the player but we should be so much better than relying on a limited player with an eye for goal to save our bacon.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

A really interesting data driven view of how limited McTominay is
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 2 months ago

A really interesting data driven view of how limited McTominay is
8 for touches, 8 ffs :))

The tweet has the stats for Tielemans underneath and it really puts it into perspective. Tielemans isn't even the best in his position, he's just doing his job.
dozer
Legend

Felwin wrote: 2 months ago
Fuck the Glazers wrote: 2 months ago
swampash wrote: 2 months ago
dozer wrote: 2 months ago The players need to be sacked before the manager.

Ten Hag has an easy solution. He needs to play 2 holding midfielders always. Teams cut through our centre too easily.

Mainoo, Amrabat and Casemiro compete for the 2 holding midfield spots.

Bruno, Mount, Eriksen, McTominay and Van De Beek (lol) compete for the single attacking midfield spot.

And don't fucking play Luke Shaw as a CB when we're leaking so many goals.
How about sticking McTominay up front - seems to be the only one who knows where the opposition goal is?
I think that's why he's in the team. He compromises the team as a whole but scores goals. It's Fellaini all over again. It's last ditch from Hag who just needs goals.
Agreed. Just like with Fellaini, McT in the team and as our top scorer is a sign of how shit we are, not a positive. Good for the player but we should be so much better than relying on a limited player with an eye for goal to save our bacon.
Fellaini was very good at keeping possession unlike mct.
swampash
Legend

Where are those stats from? Never seen them before.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

More talk of Graham Potter replacing Hag. Seems Ratcliffe & his team like him.

What do you lot make of it?

He played good football at Brighton. Can he implement that here? He supposedly couldn't handle the dressing room at Chelsea. If so he has no chance at United.

It also feels like a step down on previous megastar managers. He's a good manager that was allowed to flourish thanks to Brighton's super effective recruitment, DoF, backroom staff etc. Ratcliffe would have to build that.

It might reflect where our finances are at tbh; Potter won't cost as much as legends such as Gaal and Jose, and upcoming stars like Hag.
fat maradona
Legend

I like Potter but I'd prefer to keep Hag.

Replacing the manager won't make much difference, Ratcliffe and his team need to address the structure above the manager and also get rid of some of the toxic cunts in the dressing room currently. Otherwise it's the same recurring bad dream in 18 months time.
swampash
Legend

Is there any reliable evidence the Ratcliffe deal is getting done?
dozer
Legend

swampash wrote: 2 months ago Is there any reliable evidence the Ratcliffe deal is getting done?
The press don't seem to have a clue.
Anyway I hope the deal falls through. I don't like a partial sale. This means the Glazers will be here for the next 10 years at least.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

swampash wrote: 2 months ago Is there any reliable evidence the Ratcliffe deal is getting done?
Absolutely none, no. There was a bit of briefing from Ratcliffe over "frustrations" around the lack of progress and clarity.

The Qatari PR department has since piped up saying they're still in with a shout.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Glazers were stringing Ratcliffe along to get the Qataris to up their offer.