Other Teams' Stuff

Non-United football chat
Felwin
Legend

Fuck the Glazers wrote: 2 months ago Something may be happening at City. 4 games without a win, and an un-City like performance vs Villa.

People are saying City were out-fought and out-manuvered in a way we haven't seen.

Is it post treble lag? Is Pep being found out? Has the Everton verdict shit them up?
I definitely think the coaching in the league has slowly caught up with Pep so he’s no longer the shining star he was. He could mix things up again though as he’s done before. City have the advantage of being to buy anyone they want (and suspiciously always for a similar, easily amortised price) so he could decide one morning he wants to play 4-4-2 with a big man/little man combo up front and they’d bring in the players in the space of two windows.

Also shows how their treble was nowhere near the emotional achievement of 99. Remember how good we were in 1999-2000. It blasted us onto a different planet. For City it’s the least that is expected after all the money invested. Much more rational affair.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Felwin wrote: 2 months ago
Fuck the Glazers wrote: 2 months ago Something may be happening at City. 4 games without a win, and an un-City like performance vs Villa.

People are saying City were out-fought and out-manuvered in a way we haven't seen.

Is it post treble lag? Is Pep being found out? Has the Everton verdict shit them up?
I definitely think the coaching in the league has slowly caught up with Pep so he’s no longer the shining star he was. He could mix things up again though as he’s done before. City have the advantage of being to buy anyone they want (and suspiciously always for a similar, easily amortised price) so he could decide one morning he wants to play 4-4-2 with a big man/little man combo up front and they’d bring in the players in the space of two windows.

Also shows how their treble was nowhere near the emotional achievement of 99. Remember how good we were in 1999-2000. It blasted us onto a different planet. For City it’s the least that is expected after all the money invested. Much more rational affair.
Yeah, that's a good point. There are a lot of top coaches in the Prem and they're all doing interesting, clever things so it's harder for Pep to dominate like he did in Germany and Spain. That's where the financial doping comes in.

I've just read that City only had 2 shots on target - the fewest ever for a Pep team. They also conceded 22 shots - the joint most ever against a Pep team.

I think we're nearly at the end of Pep at City. He said himself, before the charges, he was thinking of a new project. Now he's achieved everything and facing the possibility of managing City in the lower leagues - I think he'll get out.

I wouldn't be surprised if the UAE weren't too far behind as well as UK foreign policy has changed a bit on them in recent months. The gov are worried about them buying the Telegraph and investing in our nuclear sites. The whole point of owning City is to open doors for this stuff. But they may be closing, in which case, why bother doping a Prem club.
swampash
Legend

Just watching Stuttgart against Leverkusen. Great game so so far. Two very good trainers.
Felwin
Legend

swampash wrote: 2 months ago Just watching Stuttgart against Leverkusen. Great game so so far. Two very good trainers.
Sounding very German there, Swampy. Are the trainers Nike or Adidas?
swampash
Legend

swampash wrote: 2 months ago Just watching Stuttgart against Leverkusen. Great game so so far. Two very good trainers.
Hoho!
Ja, stimmt.
Did you see the game by any chance?
I always preferred Adidas by the way.
Last edited by swampash 2 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
Felwin
Legend

swampash wrote: 2 months ago
Hoho!
Ja, stimmt.
I didn't, no. Recovering from our work's Christmas party most of the day... the Germans really know how to ruin you with booze and food.

Might look a bit like jobs for the boys but I could see Hoeneß getting the Bayern job at some point if he keeps plugging away. As for Alonso, really worried that his Liverpool connection might mean he's Klopp's replacement in waiting and that they'll continue to be good.
swampash
Legend

Hoho!
Ja, stimmt.
I didn't, no. Recovering from our work's Christmas party most of the day... the Germans really know how to ruin you with booze and food.

Might look a bit like jobs for the boys but I could see Hoeneß getting the Bayern job at some point if he keeps plugging away. As for Alonso, really worried that his Liverpool connection might mean he's Klopp's replacement in waiting and that they'll continue to be good.
Sounds like you had fun.
Re. Alonso and Hoeneß, yes, I suspect you are right on both counts. Tuchel must be skating on very thin ice too after last weekend's result.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Hoho!
Ja, stimmt.

Sounds like you had fun.
Re. Alonso and Hoeneß, yes, I suspect you are right on both counts. Tuchel must be skating on very thin ice too after last weekend's result.
How good is Alonso? From the little I've read it sounds a bit like tiki taka aka short passing stuff.
swampash
Legend

Hi Sid. No, his team looks very good. I really think he has got something.
Felwin
Legend

Fuck the Glazers wrote: 2 months ago How good is Alonso? From the little I've read it sounds a bit like tiki taka aka short passing stuff.
Seems a bit more direct than that when you watch them. They’ve always got a man more and do that thing that Brighton do to us every time where they cut through with 2-3 quick passes. Could see him and De Zerbi being the two top coaches of the 2020s into the 2030s.