Jadon Sancho - Welcome.

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

So this player's career seems like it's effectively over, by his own choice. Fair enough I suppose, he's already set for life with just this one United contract, assuming he doesn't want to live in absurd luxury. Young man with no financial cares, I'm jealous.

But fucking shit recruitment by United! Holy fuck. And I distinctly remember warnings that Dortmund weren't happy with his attitude. If that stories made it into the public, they must have been well known in pro football circles. How did we determinedly pursue a player for two years and overlook that???
Felwin
Legend

bman2 wrote: 4 months ago So this player's career seems like it's effectively over, by his own choice. Fair enough I suppose, he's already set for life with just this one United contract, assuming he doesn't want to live in absurd luxury. Young man with no financial cares, I'm jealous.

But fucking shit recruitment by United! Holy fuck. And I distinctly remember warnings that Dortmund weren't happy with his attitude. If that stories made it into the public, they must have been well known in pro football circles. How did we determinedly pursue a player for two years and overlook that???
Have to say, I only read that stuff recently too. His magic moments every week overshadowed it all at Dortmund. I've probably let that influence my opinion on him too much but that's part of being a football fan, eh? Those moments of skill and cleverness are part of why we get hooked. If he wants to piss that away and do summat else, shame for us and a bollock dropped by the club but his transfer is part of a pattern of us getting it catastrophically wrong in the market.
dozer
Legend

www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/f ... o-28228919

Matic says Sancho and Pogba were always late for training.
He also revealed there was a punctuality problem in the dressing room and that he helped to develop a fine system.

"At Chelsea, players acted professionally, they were punctual and were never late for training but at United it happened almost every day," Matic said.

"Among the players who would always be late were Paul Pogba and Jadon Sancho and a couple of other players. The rest of us who were always on time were angry so we decided to form a kind of an internal disciplinary committee with me serving as its president.

"I put a sheet of paper up on the wall where I documented the names of individuals arriving late. During one particular season we collected around £75,000 in fines. We had planned to use the money to throw a party in London but we didn’t due to the Covid outbreak."
So the players decided to do something about it. The managers didn't do shit about the lack of discipline. This is what I inferred from this article. 

Felwin
Legend

I'm not saying he's lying but claiming they formed an internal disciplinary committee with him as president is a bit "look at how great I am, wasn't my fault we were mostly shit when I was there".

Seems like every fucker and their dog is piling in on us now while it's all unravelling.
dozer
Legend

Felwin wrote: 2 months ago I'm not saying he's lying but claiming they formed an internal disciplinary committee with him as president is a bit "look at how great I am, wasn't my fault we were mostly shit when I was there".

Seems like every fucker and their dog is piling in on us now while it's all unravelling.
Jose I think had already said in an interview that Matic fined players. I remember reading about it some time ago so this seems to add up.

I have no problem with people piling on our players. Especially the ones that aren't training well.

It was maguire.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... phone.html
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

It all speaks to culture. Its rancid, and it stems from the top. A fish rots from the head.
fat maradona
Legend

It's like an old Gentleman's Club. When you're admitted into the exclusive club, you feel like you've made it. And because you're such a big shot, rules don't apply and you can do whatever the fuck you want. And if you don't like the look of the manager, you get him sacked.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

A good point was made; we're probably still paying Dortmund for the 70 odd mil we paid for him.

dozer
Legend

Fuck the Glazers wrote: 1 month ago A good point was made; we're probably still paying Dortmund for the 70 odd mil we paid for him.

What does this mean?

#MUFC recover majority of wages minimum, could be more than 100% with bonuses ⬇️
Felwin
Legend

Fuck the Glazers wrote: 1 month ago A good point was made; we're probably still paying Dortmund for the 70 odd mil we paid for him.

Called it when he fell out with Hag. Dortmund are the only club remotely interested. If he wants to save his career, it has to be there. Burnt his bridges in England.