Assessing our squad

Manchester United chat
Fuck the Glazers
Legend
Posts: 9835
Joined: 10 years ago

It's curtains for Hag, isn't it. He's pretty much a dead man walking at this point. And still no news on the Ratcliffe front, so no new ceo, DoF or manager coming any time soon.

It could be the case that we get a new manager before we get Ratcliffe's man - if the deal ever happens, and if Ratcliffe gets the power to make such decisions.

We also need to find some money from somewhere to pay for these changes cos while the club makes record breaking amounts of money, it all goes out on debt, interest and dividends - and we've maxed out the credit card.

Oh yeah Old Trafford needs 1/2bn investing in asap as well

All you can really do is this at this point :))
User avatar
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend
Posts: 3965
Joined: 10 years ago

dozer wrote: 2 months ago
JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 2 months ago I maintain a view that 4 or 5 of the right signings, with the right manager and a cultural reset at the club, would be transformative. I'll use Newcastle again as an example- Schar, Lascelles, Joelinton, Longstaff, Almiron, Wilson, were all there when they were fighting to stay up.

We need quality, leadership, character. But our performance in the market is horrendous.
So no change in the approach then.
4-5 right signings is what we try. Every club tries to make the right signings. That's what they believe when the sign the player.
What do we do next season? What's our approach? Sign 4-5 players? As if we can magically make them the right signings this time.

Right manager? Same problem. We hire someone hoping they'd be the right manager. Except that clown rangnick I suppose. He was interim anyway.

Cultural reset basically means Glazers out.

You're not really proposing anything different.
Read what I've written again Dozer. 4 or 5 of the RIGHT signings, with the right manager, and a cultural reset could make a huge difference. By which I mean, a team we enjoy watching, who can compete with the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool. To compete with City, we'd need more, but I'm realistic. First big step has to be a properly competitive side.
User avatar
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend
Posts: 3965
Joined: 10 years ago

Fuck the Glazers wrote: 2 months ago It's curtains for Hag, isn't it. He's pretty much a dead man walking at this point. And still no news on the Ratcliffe front, so no new ceo, DoF or manager coming any time soon.

It could be the case that we get a new manager before we get Ratcliffe's man - if the deal ever happens, and if Ratcliffe gets the power to make such decisions.

We also need to find some money from somewhere to pay for these changes cos while the club makes record breaking amounts of money, it all goes out on debt, interest and dividends - and we've maxed out the credit card.

Oh yeah Old Trafford needs 1/2bn investing in asap as well

All you can really do is this at this point :))
Our away record against the top 9 sides in the league, 3 away CL games, and knockout Europa under Hag:

4-0 Lost v Brentford
6-3 Lost v Man City
3-1 Lost v Aston Villa
3-2 Lost v Arsenal
7-0 Lost v Liverpool
2-0 Lost v Newcastle
2-2 Drew v Spurs
1-0 Lost v Brighton
2-0 Lost v Spurs
3-1 Lost v Arsenal
1-0 Lost v Newcastle
4-3 Lost v Bayern
4-3 Lost v Copenhagen
3-3 Drew v Galatasaray
2-2 Drew v Barcelona
1-0 Won v Betis
3-0 Lost v Sevilla


That's fucking horrendous. Played 17, Won 1, Drawn 3, Lost 13. 50 goals conceded.
User avatar
Felwin
Legend
Posts: 1373
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: Abroad

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 2 months ago 4-0 Lost v Brentford
6-3 Lost v Man City
3-1 Lost v Aston Villa
3-2 Lost v Arsenal
7-0 Lost v Liverpool
2-0 Lost v Newcastle
2-2 Drew v Spurs
1-0 Lost v Brighton
2-0 Lost v Spurs
3-1 Lost v Arsenal
1-0 Lost v Newcastle
4-3 Lost v Bayern
4-3 Lost v Copenhagen
3-3 Drew v Galatasaray
2-2 Drew v Barcelona
1-0 Won v Betis
3-0 Lost v Sevilla


That's fucking horrendous. Played 17, Won 1, Drawn 3, Lost 13. 50 goals conceded.
Fucking hell. Even worse when you think back to a lot of those games and you realise how far off we were. We’re second best or barely par in most of the games we win too.
User avatar
dozer
Legend
Posts: 3886
Joined: 10 years ago

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 2 months ago
dozer wrote: 2 months ago
JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 2 months ago I maintain a view that 4 or 5 of the right signings, with the right manager and a cultural reset at the club, would be transformative. I'll use Newcastle again as an example- Schar, Lascelles, Joelinton, Longstaff, Almiron, Wilson, were all there when they were fighting to stay up.

We need quality, leadership, character. But our performance in the market is horrendous.
So no change in the approach then.
4-5 right signings is what we try. Every club tries to make the right signings. That's what they believe when the sign the player.
What do we do next season? What's our approach? Sign 4-5 players? As if we can magically make them the right signings this time.

Right manager? Same problem. We hire someone hoping they'd be the right manager. Except that clown rangnick I suppose. He was interim anyway.

Cultural reset basically means Glazers out.

You're not really proposing anything different.
Read what I've written again Dozer. 4 or 5 of the RIGHT signings, with the right manager, and a cultural reset could make a huge difference. By which I mean, a team we enjoy watching, who can compete with the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool. To compete with City, we'd need more, but I'm realistic. First big step has to be a properly competitive side.
Ffs mate, I've read your post but you've not read my post properly. I'll try again.
Without the power of hindsight we can't ensure 5 right signings. Obviously the club will try to make the right signings every season. What did you think ten hag thought about his signings before buying them?

The same goes for the manager. Obviously the club will think their next manager is the right manager. Even the fans thought ten hag was the right manager.

Cultural reset needs Glazers to leave.

So what's different in your suggested approach?
User avatar
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend
Posts: 3965
Joined: 10 years ago

Does anyone have a piece of chalk?
User avatar
FuB
Site Admin
Posts: 2119
Joined: 8 years ago

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 2 months ago Does anyone have a piece of chalk?
Maybe you should do a fully immersive VR demonstration and dozer can stick his occulus on his bonce. Might be difficult, given we're talking about United, but try to steer clear of horror.
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
Fuck the Glazers
Legend
Posts: 9835
Joined: 10 years ago

Watching Nev go from pro Glazer to feeling as we do; detached from our own club is quite a thing. He admits he doesn't want to cover the games anymore.



He makes a good point about Gaal too, that he is the only manager post Fergie that has managed to implement a style on the team. The 6 other managers haven't been able to. That was nearly 10 years ago ffs. Why did it work for him and not the others?
User avatar
dözer
Trainee
Posts: 10
Joined: 3 months ago

why do you doubt what I say? I've tried my theory on FM23 and we won the quadruple.
User avatar
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend
Posts: 3965
Joined: 10 years ago

Fuck the Glazers wrote: 2 months ago Watching Nev go from pro Glazer to feeling as we do; detached from our own club is quite a thing. He admits he doesn't want to cover the games anymore.



He makes a good point about Gaal too, that he is the only manager post Fergie that has managed to implement a style on the team. The 6 other managers haven't been able to. That was nearly 10 years ago ffs. Why did it work for him and not the others?
Depressing, because with every manager cycle, and every passing week of the takeover farce, hope dies and our issues grow.
Post Reply