Vs Newcastle

Forum for match day threads
FuB
Site Admin

If ever you needed some evidence that we're just defence and attack with no midfield, that's it.
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 2 months ago

This is a real indictment. I'm increasingly concerned about Hag being up to the task.
Alarming that. Hag-ball is not gonna happen. Even if we had top recruitment, you need to be a bit cleverer in the Prem with the current crop of managers. His football is too open for the Prem. And I think the extra games and lack of winter break meas he doesn't get as much time to work on his philosophy and means they're not able to be fit as he needs em to be.

That plus the rotten culture of the club, mismanagement, wage bill put of control etc.
dozer
Legend

Fuck the Glazers wrote: 2 months ago
JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 2 months ago

This is a real indictment. I'm increasingly concerned about Hag being up to the task.
Alarming that. Hag-ball is not gonna happen. Even if we had top recruitment, you need to be a bit cleverer in the Prem with the current crop of managers. His football is too open for the Prem. And I think the extra games and lack of winter break meas he doesn't get as much time to work on his philosophy and means they're not able to be fit as he needs em to be.

That plus the rotten culture of the club, mismanagement, wage bill put of control etc.
Like I said many times before, I would have done a better job as a "manager". I'd hire the likes of Ten Hag as head coach but I'd do the "managing".

The managing here means, deciding whom to buy (with veto rights for the head coach) and more importantly deciding whom to sell (no veto rights for the head coach). The "manager", the head coach and the club recruitment staff recommend the incomings.
I'd throw everyone I'd mentioned earlier in one of the threads out.
If there are 2 players. One a 3/10 and an other is a 5/10; neither are good enough. I'd get rid of the longer serving player. So if the 5/10 player has stayed longer, he's gone.
If the 3/10 player has stayed for 2 seasons, he's gone as well.

I'd then lower expectations for the head coach depending on how many we bring in.
If we don't get enough in; we probably won't because I'd throw most of the team out, then the youth team players get promoted.
I won't bring in anyone with very semi-high or high wages because we won't be anywhere near winning the league.
I won't bring in the likes of Kane and Casemiro for e.g. because even if they are top players, that alone won't help us win the league. Fergie bought the likes of RVP when we were already competing for the league. Not otherwise.

This is basic common sense, but sadly none of the managers we're hired seem to have it. This is all we need to do to reset the club and SLOWLY and STEADILY bring the club back up to winning ways.