Other Teams' Stuff

Non-United football chat
Fuck the Glazers
Legend
Posts: 9845
Joined: 10 years ago

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 3 months ago Everton deducted 10 points.

Fuck all on City.

Stinks.
10 points and thus probable relegation, which means financial meltdown, for making bigger than allowed losses.

They've set a really high bar. If they apply the same high bar to City and Chelsea, they'll be stripped of titles and relegated.
User avatar
swampash
Legend
Posts: 2892
Joined: 10 years ago

Felwin wrote: 3 months ago
swampash wrote: 3 months ago
Fuck the Glazers wrote: 3 months ago Https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/ ... ed-success

Documents dated during and outside the period under scrutiny, raise fresh questions over whether Abramovich repeatedly flouted the rules of football to benefit Chelsea, as the club ascended to the pinnacle of the global game.

There's already an investigation into Chelsea's finances that has thrown up a lot of stuff. With these revalations, you can pretty much write off their success.

We have to re-assess just how well United / Fergie did beating Chelsea to titles and the CL. Their team should never have been assembled.
It was also the subject of a good documentary last night on German TV.
Missed that. What channel was it on? Might be lucky and it’s in one of the mediatheks.
It was on zdf I think. Probably frontal?
Should be on their Mediathek.
User avatar
swampash
Legend
Posts: 2892
Joined: 10 years ago

Fuck the Glazers wrote: 3 months ago
swampash wrote: 3 months ago
Fuck the Glazers wrote: 3 months ago Https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/ ... ed-success

Documents dated during and outside the period under scrutiny, raise fresh questions over whether Abramovich repeatedly flouted the rules of football to benefit Chelsea, as the club ascended to the pinnacle of the global game.

There's already an investigation into Chelsea's finances that has thrown up a lot of stuff. With these revalations, you can pretty much write off their success.

We have to re-assess just how well United / Fergie did beating Chelsea to titles and the CL. Their team should never have been assembled.
It was also the subject of a good documentary last night on German TV.
What was it called? Wonder if there's an English subtitled version.
Should all be on the Guardian site Sid, as they were part of the investigative team
Fuck the Glazers
Legend
Posts: 9845
Joined: 10 years ago

On Everton, the FFP rules are good cos they're forcing clubs to be somewhat financially responsible which is essential given the dire state most Prem clubs are in. It's either that or they go the way of Barca, Bury, Southend aka fucked.

But this punishment means Everton are more financially fucked than say City. It could put them out of business.

The punishment should be proportionate. City can survive fines. They'll write them off as a necessary cost to achieve their end goal which is soft/hard power & sportwashing. Likewise they'd survive being put down the leagues. They'd shoot back to the Prem in no time.

The punishment has to be something that hurts eg fines and relegation, but also stripping them of titles. Don't let them mug us off, don't let them ruin the credibility of the game.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend
Posts: 9845
Joined: 10 years ago

swampash wrote: 3 months ago
Fuck the Glazers wrote: 3 months ago
swampash wrote: 3 months ago
Fuck the Glazers wrote: 3 months ago Https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/ ... ed-success

Documents dated during and outside the period under scrutiny, raise fresh questions over whether Abramovich repeatedly flouted the rules of football to benefit Chelsea, as the club ascended to the pinnacle of the global game.

There's already an investigation into Chelsea's finances that has thrown up a lot of stuff. With these revalations, you can pretty much write off their success.

We have to re-assess just how well United / Fergie did beating Chelsea to titles and the CL. Their team should never have been assembled.
It was also the subject of a good documentary last night on German TV.
What was it called? Wonder if there's an English subtitled version.
Should all be on the Guardian site Sid, as they were part of the investigative team
I think I may have seen something on twitter actually. I'll look when I get time later.

On this, just seen Chelsea are now facing an investigation by the FA and Prem

There's an opportunity here to clean up the game, bring back some fairness and in turn credibility. Otherwise I think the game's gone given everything else eg VAR, cost of subs and tickets etc.
User avatar
Felwin
Legend
Posts: 1380
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: Abroad

swampash wrote: 3 months ago
Felwin wrote: 3 months ago
swampash wrote: 3 months ago
Fuck the Glazers wrote: 3 months ago Https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/ ... ed-success

Documents dated during and outside the period under scrutiny, raise fresh questions over whether Abramovich repeatedly flouted the rules of football to benefit Chelsea, as the club ascended to the pinnacle of the global game.

There's already an investigation into Chelsea's finances that has thrown up a lot of stuff. With these revalations, you can pretty much write off their success.

We have to re-assess just how well United / Fergie did beating Chelsea to titles and the CL. Their team should never have been assembled.
It was also the subject of a good documentary last night on German TV.
Missed that. What channel was it on? Might be lucky and it’s in one of the mediatheks.
It was on zdf I think. Probably frontal?
Should be on their Mediathek.
Found it, cheers.

For anyone else who can speak/understand german: https://www.zdf.de/nachrichten/politik/ ... l-100.html
User avatar
Felwin
Legend
Posts: 1380
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: Abroad

Fuck the Glazers wrote: 3 months ago The punishment has to be something that hurts eg fines and relegation, but also stripping them of titles. Don't let them mug us off, don't let them ruin the credibility of the game.
I really hope this happens but I just don't think the motivation to do the right thing is there. Like with the problems in our club, the culture starts at the top and our government is in bed with oligarchs, sheikhs and crown princes. As long as they are seen as legitimate partners, the punishments will stay token.

What we also can't forget is how the lawyers representing Abu Dhabi and Chelsea will fight tooth and nail, drag out the process and hope that the media tire so in the end whatever the verdict/punishment people just accept that they won anyway.

The actual way to really damage them is a public proclomation from the FA/PL that how they have operated was criminal and immoral and that the titles will be officially stripped and handed to a new winner in an official Premier League ceremony. Make a big fuss. We'd win most of the titles too which would boil so much piss. Even if it won't feel like we won (and it shouldn't), the ceremonial quality is so important to fuck up their sportswashing. It needs to be made embarassing.
User avatar
dozer
Legend
Posts: 3889
Joined: 10 years ago

Fuck the Glazers wrote: 3 months ago On Everton, the FFP rules are good cos they're forcing clubs to be somewhat financially responsible which is essential given the dire state most Prem clubs are in. It's either that or they go the way of Barca, Bury, Southend aka fucked.

But this punishment means Everton are more financially fucked than say City. It could put them out of business.

The punishment should be proportionate. City can survive fines. They'll write them off as a necessary cost to achieve their end goal which is soft/hard power & sportwashing. Likewise they'd survive being put down the leagues. They'd shoot back to the Prem in no time.

The punishment has to be something that hurts eg fines and relegation, but also stripping them of titles. Don't let them mug us off, don't let them ruin the credibility of the game.
Good post. I agree.
If clubs are ready to spend billions on transfers over 5 years then what's in a fine if it gets the club titles?

Personally I think ffp should not exist. It's not implemented well so we're better off without it.
fat maradona
Legend
Posts: 1384
Joined: 10 years ago

It’s good to see Jimmy Garner blossoming at Everton. He was motm today.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend
Posts: 9845
Joined: 10 years ago

Something may be happening at City. 4 games without a win, and an un-City like performance vs Villa.

People are saying City were out-fought and out-manuvered in a way we haven't seen.

Is it post treble lag? Is Pep being found out? Has the Everton verdict shit them up?
Post Reply