Other Teams' Stuff

Non-United football chat
Fuck the Glazers
Legend
Posts: 9833
Joined: 10 years ago

Https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/ ... ed-success

Documents dated during and outside the period under scrutiny, raise fresh questions over whether Abramovich repeatedly flouted the rules of football to benefit Chelsea, as the club ascended to the pinnacle of the global game.

There's already an investigation into Chelsea's finances that has thrown up a lot of stuff. With these revalations, you can pretty much write off their success.

We have to re-assess just how well United / Fergie did beating Chelsea to titles and the CL. Their team should never have been assembled.
User avatar
swampash
Legend
Posts: 2888
Joined: 10 years ago

Fuck the Glazers wrote: 3 months ago Https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/ ... ed-success

Documents dated during and outside the period under scrutiny, raise fresh questions over whether Abramovich repeatedly flouted the rules of football to benefit Chelsea, as the club ascended to the pinnacle of the global game.

There's already an investigation into Chelsea's finances that has thrown up a lot of stuff. With these revalations, you can pretty much write off their success.

We have to re-assess just how well United / Fergie did beating Chelsea to titles and the CL. Their team should never have been assembled.
It was also the subject of a good documentary last night on German TV.
User avatar
Felwin
Legend
Posts: 1371
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: Abroad

swampash wrote: 3 months ago
Fuck the Glazers wrote: 3 months ago Https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/ ... ed-success

Documents dated during and outside the period under scrutiny, raise fresh questions over whether Abramovich repeatedly flouted the rules of football to benefit Chelsea, as the club ascended to the pinnacle of the global game.

There's already an investigation into Chelsea's finances that has thrown up a lot of stuff. With these revalations, you can pretty much write off their success.

We have to re-assess just how well United / Fergie did beating Chelsea to titles and the CL. Their team should never have been assembled.
It was also the subject of a good documentary last night on German TV.
Missed that. What channel was it on? Might be lucky and it’s in one of the mediatheks.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend
Posts: 9833
Joined: 10 years ago

swampash wrote: 3 months ago
Fuck the Glazers wrote: 3 months ago Https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/ ... ed-success

Documents dated during and outside the period under scrutiny, raise fresh questions over whether Abramovich repeatedly flouted the rules of football to benefit Chelsea, as the club ascended to the pinnacle of the global game.

There's already an investigation into Chelsea's finances that has thrown up a lot of stuff. With these revalations, you can pretty much write off their success.

We have to re-assess just how well United / Fergie did beating Chelsea to titles and the CL. Their team should never have been assembled.
It was also the subject of a good documentary last night on German TV.
What was it called? Wonder if there's an English subtitled version.
User avatar
swampash
Legend
Posts: 2888
Joined: 10 years ago

I’ll check, but it was a mainstream German channel so unlikely to have been translated.
User avatar
Jason
Star Man
Posts: 819
Joined: 10 years ago

Fuck the Glazers wrote: 3 months ago Https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/ ... ed-success

Documents dated during and outside the period under scrutiny, raise fresh questions over whether Abramovich repeatedly flouted the rules of football to benefit Chelsea, as the club ascended to the pinnacle of the global game.

There's already an investigation into Chelsea's finances that has thrown up a lot of stuff. With these revalations, you can pretty much write off their success.

We have to re-assess just how well United / Fergie did beating Chelsea to titles and the CL. Their team should never have been assembled.

It will never happen, but we'd be looking at 5 league titles if they ever had the balls so do what happened with Juve and strip them of the tainted titles.

Never mind another few fa cups thrown into the mix as well.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend
Posts: 9833
Joined: 10 years ago

Everton facing a 12 point deduction for FFP breaches. I wonder what City and Cheslea will get? Nothing probably.

https://news.sky.com/story/everton-coul ... s-12992654
User avatar
Felwin
Legend
Posts: 1371
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: Abroad

Fuck the Glazers wrote: 3 months ago Everton facing a 12 point deduction for FFP breaches. I wonder what City and Cheslea will get? Nothing probably.

https://news.sky.com/story/everton-coul ... s-12992654
Unfortunately for Everton, their owners aren't knee deep in deals with the UK government so they'll be duly punsihed.
User avatar
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend
Posts: 3964
Joined: 10 years ago

Everton deducted 10 points.

Fuck all on City.

Stinks.
User avatar
Felwin
Legend
Posts: 1371
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: Abroad

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 3 months ago Everton deducted 10 points.

Fuck all on City.

Stinks.
City will either get let off the hook or get a token 20 grand fine or whatever. Somewhere in the region of a days wages for Guardiola/the amount in interest he earns on his gifted UAE assets every month.
Post Reply