vs City

Forum for match day threads
dozer
Legend

Felwin wrote: 8 months ago
dozer wrote: 8 months ago
Felwin wrote: 8 months ago Sunday afternoon is always a stupid time for me, not caught the game at all. Not sure I would’ve been too arsed anyway by looks of it. As expected a drubbing and it sounds like city never got out of 2nd gear.

Don’t think we’ll ever win the premier league again lads. Next title for us will be in the doped up state backed super league in 2043.
How could you expect a drubbing when your opinion of ten hag is that he's a top top manager?
I’d call you a wum but you actually just sound dense with this post.
It's a fair question.
How does anyone who thinks the manager is doing a good job expect a drubbing?
You can't answer this as usual Felwin. All you can do is say something vague, as always.
Felwin
Legend

Felwin wrote: 8 months ago Sunday afternoon is always a stupid time for me, not caught the game at all. Not sure I would’ve been too arsed anyway by looks of it. As expected a drubbing and it sounds like city never got out of 2nd gear.

Don’t think we’ll ever win the premier league again lads. Next title for us will be in the doped up state backed super league in 2043.
How could you expect a drubbing when your opinion of ten hag is that he's a top top manager?
I’d call you a wum but you actually just sound dense with this post.
It's a fair question.
How does anyone who thinks the manager is doing a good job expect a drubbing?
You can't answer this as usual Felwin. All you can do is say something vague, as always.
Nah. You always just look to take out your frustration on other United fans because it’s easy to log on and sling shit.

All I’d say is read my posts again mate because you are chatting absolute bollocks.
fat maradona
Legend

There was an interesting argument between Neville and Carragher on SkySports yesterday. Carra asked the very good question of how, after 18 months, we still don't know what system United are looking to play. Neville kinda agreed with him but then put the blame on the owners and executives, saying that the toxic environment and uncertainty with people being sacked is the real cause of why United are so disjointed on the pitch. I sorta agree but then Hag is also cuplable due to his transfer targets and the club's inability to put more suitable targets forward. We seem to buy the wrong players and we seem to do it all the time. We just don't seem to learn. Carra made a good point in that the club signed Casemiro and Eriksen last season and then replaced them both this season. Why sign two players past their peak only to look to replace them 12 months later?!

It's a complete shitshow from top to bottom.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 8 months ago There was an interesting argument between Neville and Carragher on SkySports yesterday. Carra asked the very good question of how, after 18 months, we still don't know what system United are looking to play. Neville kinda agreed with him but then put the blame on the owners and executives, saying that the toxic environment and uncertainty with people being sacked is the real cause of why United are so disjointed on the pitch. I sorta agree but then Hag is also cuplable due to his transfer targets and the club's inability to put more suitable targets forward. We seem to buy the wrong players and we seem to do it all the time. We just don't seem to learn. Carra made a good point in that the club signed Casemiro and Eriksen last season and then replaced them both this season. Why sign two players past their peak only to look to replace them 12 months later?!

It's a complete shitshow from top to bottom.
I saw that drbate, it was good. I think both of them were right.

Pep said the same thing as Nev in his post match, saying that City are good cos the ceo, sporting director, chairman etc are on the same page. Clear dig at United's owners.
Felwin
Legend

Fuck the Glazers wrote: 8 months ago Clear dig at United's owners.
Agree, but they shouldn't be allowed to pedal the "well run" narrative without people mentioning their cheating, infinite resources, questionable business practices and obfuscation of legal processes.

It's also our fault because we spend as much as them and are shit so it gives them an open goal for their "well run" schtick, but journos should still be mentioning it everytime like the fucking asterisk it is against all of their success.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

I think there's reasonable mitigation for Hags performance on the basis of the toxic culture and ownership shit show narrative. Because its now systemic.

However, as the same time, look at the likes of Villa, where Emery has taken a squad from bottom 6 to top 6 in 18 months. Now again, some of that can be justified on the basis the fact that they had a decent squad that Gerrard was fucking up, and they've recruited well.

But the biggest comparator for me is Spurs. Because all ain't rosy there either. Criminal proceedings against their majority owner, there's always noise around Levy, fans not in a good place after their playing style of shite and defensive football being well embedded for a long time. Kane going at the last minute with no chance for a replacement etc. And Ange has them flying. Clear playing style etc. Every other major club in this league moves the ball better than we do. Even with the reasonable areas of justification, there are some real worries with our playing style being so obscure, and our continued shit show of recruitment.

Personally, I don't think Hag will survive the season.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Fuck the Glazers wrote: 8 months ago Clear dig at United's owners.
Agree, but they shouldn't be allowed to pedal the "well run" narrative without people mentioning their cheating, infinite resources, questionable business practices and obfuscation of legal processes.

It's also our fault because we spend as much as them and are shit so it gives them an open goal for their "well run" schtick, but journos should still be mentioning it everytime like the fucking asterisk it is against all of their success.
Totally. Their well run operation is a state run operation that flouts 115 rules to make it happen. I should have mentioned that.

Maybe a better more applicable comparison would be Liverpool who are run along the same lines as us by yank twats but managed to topple a state led club without the mismanagement and incompetence we have at United.