Assessing our squad

Manchester United chat
Felwin
Legend

swampash wrote: 10 months ago I saw somewhere that DDG‘s wages will be lower with the new deal. Long term he needs replacing but priorities lie elsewhere at the moment, so a new deal probably makes sense.
Agree. It's sensible. In recent years a new contract has always meant a 3-5 year deal with a massive wage hike. It's the reason why we're lumped with so much dross.

If it is true then it opens up wiggle room. With other player departures, maybe Ten Hag can actually continue the rebuild in spite of the takeover shite, instead of stagnating.
swampash
Legend

Is Jones still on the payroll?
dozer
Legend

swampash wrote: 10 months ago Is Jones still on the payroll?
Ole renewed his contract. God alone knows why.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

swampash wrote: 10 months ago Is Jones still on the payroll?
His contract ends in 21 days apparently, so we should finally be rid.

Reports say he's on 110k a week.

He's made 13 appearances in the last 4 years (a lot of those as a sub). He's had two seasons where he's played 0 games.

Just incredibly bad leadership.

Hopefully now that 110k goes to a decent young player.
dozer
Legend

I just scrolled through the top 50 goal scorers list in the premier league. There's Rashford in 6th place with 16 goals. Scroll, scroll scroll and we have Bruno with 6 goals in 38th place and that's it.
City have 7 players, Arsenal 5, Newcastle and Liverpool 4 and that includes the supposed flop in Cody Gakpo.

If Ten hag wants to save his job next season he better make some big changes. First the ceo needs to ensure he boots some out before he buys.
fat maradona
Legend

Rumours of us being interested in Rabiot (again) are floating around. Probably because he will be a free transfer rather than someone who fits the system.

Sabitzer is ruled out for the rest of the season and doubt we will see him in a United shirt again unless Bayern really do just want £20m for him.
Felwin
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 10 months ago Rumours of us being interested in Rabiot (again) are floating around. Probably because he will be a free transfer rather than someone who fits the system.

Sabitzer is ruled out for the rest of the season and doubt we will see him in a United shirt again unless Bayern really do just want £20m for him.
Fuck me, if that happens I'll lose all faith that we might be slowly moving in the right direction. With no guarantee of investment I'd much rather take another season of Ten Hag raiding Ajax/Holland for known quantities than sticking with our shite model of seeing who's been put on Ebay by their scumbag agent.
dozer
Legend

Felwin wrote: 10 months ago
fat maradona wrote: 10 months ago Rumours of us being interested in Rabiot (again) are floating around. Probably because he will be a free transfer rather than someone who fits the system.

Fuck me, if that happens I'll lose all faith that we might be slowly moving in the right direction. With no guarantee of investment I'd much rather take another season of Ten Hag raiding Ajax/Holland for known quantities than sticking with our shite model of seeing who's been put on Ebay by their scumbag agent.
Sabitzer isn't worth buying for any money.
He'll still take up a place in the squad. He's not good enough. Even Fred has more of an impact.

Ten hag must buy only young players. The only reason to buy older players is to win the league immediately. That's not going to happen next season , so better build for the future.
swampash
Legend

dozer wrote: 10 months ago
Ten hag must buy only young players...better build for the future.
How quaint: a partial post by dozer that I totally agree with.
Well done dozer – great to see you stepping up to the plate.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

In a stunning amd completely unpredictable twist, Antony Martial is out of the cup final due to injury.