Will we get top 4?

Manchester United chat
User avatar
Felwin
Legend
Posts: 1227
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: Abroad

bman2 wrote: 7 months ago Yeah right now I’m less concerned about criticizing TH for finishing 4th instead of 3rd than I am with getting back into the CL, which is more important than ever for us.
100%.

Half of us expected him to not be much cop. The other half wanted a recovery and the possibility of top four.

Who gives a shit if Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs are shit. We've been better than them on our own merits.
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 4573
Joined: 10 years ago

Felwin wrote: 7 months ago
bman2 wrote: 7 months ago Yeah right now I’m less concerned about criticizing TH for finishing 4th instead of 3rd than I am with getting back into the CL, which is more important than ever for us.
100%.

Half of us expected him to not be much cop. The other half wanted a recovery and the possibility of top four.

Who gives a shit if Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs are shit. We've been better than them on our own merits.
Agreed. I mean it’s fair for Dozer to point out that our points total isn’t great and we all know we’ve been absolutely slaughtered several times this season. I’m not 100% convinced that Ten Hag is the messiah. But I like what I see in terms of tactics, style, and man-management. At the very least, he has us trying to play the modern style of football that all the top teams play.
User avatar
swampash
Legend
Posts: 2817
Joined: 9 years ago

bman2 wrote: 7 months ago
Felwin wrote: 7 months ago
bman2 wrote: 7 months ago Yeah right now I’m less concerned about criticizing TH for finishing 4th instead of 3rd than I am with getting back into the CL, which is more important than ever for us.
100%.

Half of us expected him to not be much cop. The other half wanted a recovery and the possibility of top four.

Who gives a shit if Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs are shit. We've been better than them on our own merits.
Agreed. I mean it’s fair for Dozer to point out that our points total isn’t great and we all know we’ve been absolutely slaughtered several times this season. I’m not 100% convinced that Ten Hag is the messiah. But I like what I see in terms of tactics, style, and man-management. At the very least, he has us trying to play the modern style of football that all the top teams play.
And he’s done it while inheriting a train wreck of a squad. Nothing but respect is due if you ask me.
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 4573
Joined: 10 years ago

Top four should be fairly safe now, but I'm worried about the next three games. Spurs, Villa, and Brighton -- all teams that on their day can pose problems to us, and two of those are away games. If we get bad results in these three games, we'll put a lot of pressure on ourselves. On the other hand, if we manage to beat Spurs, that would be great.

Nice that we can just focus on the league for once, with the FA final so far off.
User avatar
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend
Posts: 3670
Joined: 10 years ago

bman2 wrote: 7 months ago Top four should be fairly safe now, but I'm worried about the next three games. Spurs, Villa, and Brighton -- all teams that on their day can pose problems to us, and two of those are away games. If we get bad results in these three games, we'll put a lot of pressure on ourselves. On the other hand, if we manage to beat Spurs, that would be great.

Nice that we can just focus on the league for once, with the FA final so far off.
Bruno crocked too. Wearing a protective boot and on crutches.

Beat Spurs Thursday and we’re pretty much there. And they looked a shambles yesterday but they’ve binned off their interim so there may be a reaction.
User avatar
Felwin
Legend
Posts: 1227
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: Abroad

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 7 months ago Bruno crocked too. Wearing a protective boot and on crutches.

Beat Spurs Thursday and we’re pretty much there. And they looked a shambles yesterday but they’ve binned off their interim so there may be a reaction.
We looked bereft of ideas without him against Sevilla. All about backing Ten Hag to find a solution yet again.

Becoming a theme of the season. Crisis followed by something creative from Ten Hag. So nice having a coach who is capable of it.
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 4573
Joined: 10 years ago

Yeah, I’m disappointed that Bruno isn’t getting the goals and assists he did when he first joined us, but it’s also obvious that we’re shit in attack without him, so he’s definitely still playing a vital role. I’m not sure why he’s not scoring as much as before.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend
Posts: 9500
Joined: 10 years ago

The fact Bruno is injured shows the madness of the fixtures this season, and the mid season world cup. Prior to this he's only had one physical injury in his entire career - and he's 28.
User avatar
swampash
Legend
Posts: 2817
Joined: 9 years ago

WC mid season was just plain stupid.
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 4573
Joined: 10 years ago

swampash wrote: 7 months ago WC mid season was just plain stupid.
Yeah it’s probably handed the title to City, because it made the league a test of who had the biggest squad.
Post Reply