Vs Newcastle

Forum for match day threads
FuB
Site Admin

Felwin wrote: 1 year ago
FuB wrote: 1 year ago Doom mongers?

Realists
Depends on your reality. I genuinely thought we’d improved enough and the break would do us good but out “best” players have been awful for weeks.

I’m a bright side of life chap but it’s been so bad today you have to call it as you see it.
I'm also (believe it or not) an eternal optimist but i think, in all the excitement around the ten Hag revolution, we'd all forgotten how low the bar was
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
bman2
Legend

Going to really be squeaky bum time in the run-in. We miss Casemiro and Eriksen a lot, and if Rashford’s goals dry up, we’re cooked.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

I like Hag. And he needs to be backed. But with my glass half empty head on, I'm wondering if all we've really done us sign a decent centre half and a couple of proper midfielders. The rest is still shite. Gea is a great shot stopper but can't play out of dominate his box, right back is a problem, zero depth in midfield, we literally don't have a striker and have spunked 80m on a bang average wide forward not once but twice.

And the bright side is, we're either saddled with the Glazers or a state sponsored Qatari facade. Fucking brilliant.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Easy to be very down after a defeat. And we're probably not as far down the track as we'd thought, but we are definitely better than that stay suggests. We've won a trophy, we've beaten Barcelona over 2 legs, we've beaten Arsenal, City, Liverpool, Spurs, Newcastle. There's a long way to go, but we're better than that stat suggests.
dozer
Legend

I wonder if the title race is still on.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Weghorst is getting a lot of stick cos he's shite. But we signed him cos we have no money and are trying not to breach FFP. That's the best we can do given the constraints.

Also the lack of scouting and data led recruitment. He's another dutch player that will slot right in.

The club is in a bad way and the cracks are starting to appear again.
Felwin
Legend

Fuck the Glazers wrote: 1 year ago
Very misleading. We were at our most awful in the last 8 games as well. If we're that bad again this season then maybe we've not come as far as we'd hoped.

Comparing seasons is generally bullshit so I'd ignore it. Massively depends who those 28 were against and when (i.e. after a midweek etc. - not to mention the form of all the other opponents). Fact is, we've won something, Hag has made players better and outsmarted loads of coaches. Ole never did any of that, even if he had the lads motivated and we could hurt the big teams on the break.
Felwin
Legend

Something I was actually thinking in the first 20 minutes when it looked inevtiable they'd score: Teams know how to knock us off balance and that's by going full throttle from the off. Brentford did it, the scousers did it, Leicester did it (but we got away with it), Newcastle today... Brentford next weekend too so Hag needs to figure out how to deal with it.

Casemiro and Eriksen made us able to weather the storm and have an element of control. When we surrender that control AND have a team in our faces, it looks really fucking weak.
swampash
Legend

When is Casemiro back?