Will the Glazers sell?

Manchester United chat
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Aye its like pantomime season. This could very easily drag into the summer. Once a deal is agreed in principle, I'd imagine its at least a months work to get all the legal and admin work done.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Finnish businessman Thomas Zilliacus has announced his intention to submit a bid for Manchester United, going up against Sir Jim Ratcliffe and Shiekh Jassim bin Hamad Al Thani

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... 531680.amp
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Fuck the Glazers wrote: 1 year ago Finnish businessman Thomas Zilliacus has announced his intention to submit a bid for Manchester United, going up against Sir Jim Ratcliffe and Shiekh Jassim bin Hamad Al Thani

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... 531680.amp
Been dismissed apparently. Great ethos to the bid but some of the numbers he's referenced are nonsensical
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Elliott have put a bid forward for a minority stake.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 06746.html

This looks the most likely option at the min unless it's a negotiating tactic to ramp up the bidding. Grim.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

The Qataris have not actually put in a bid and all has gone quiet from their camp. Nobody knows if they're gonna bid or not.

If they don't then I would imagine it's cos they don't think the Glazers are serious about selling which is something both camps appear to have briefed to the media this week

Robbo
First Teamer

This is going to go ***TITS*** up mark my words
-----------------------------------------------------
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

It feels like it, Robbo. There's more stuff in the media today about Avram not wanting to sell. I think the arse has fallen out of the bidders cos of it. The Qatari bid was 2 days late, then it was submitted at midnight when the NYSE was shut. The Qatari PR machine stopped. The state journos stopped tweeting about them taking over as if there'd been a change of plan. The bid itself is reportedly 1bn below the asking price.

It was worrying when the Glazers' american co-conspirators FSG said they weren't actually going to sell Liverpool after having them up for sale for 2 whole months. It was to invite bids to get a truer valuation.

I might be wrong but it doesn't look good at the min.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Everyone is taking a negotiating position here. I'm not ruling out the Glazers staying, but when you think about it, IF they're we're 100% fixed on leaving, they'd be doing exactly what they are; making noises about being reluctant sellers, and ensuring a partial takeover bid is on the preferred bidders list. The latter, they absolutely have to do. It's key to driving a negotiating position.

Logically, if the Qataris are willing to bid just over 5, knowing another couple of million is needed to clear the debt and invest, they'll stretch that bit further. You're 'only' talking about an extra 10% to get the deal done. Those guys get what they want. And reputationally, they're massively invested.

When I take the emotion out of it, I'm convinced it'll get done.

When I think like a United fan, I'm more inclined to think it'll go tits up!!
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

And keep in mind, the value of the Glazers being properly connected in the middle east AND being endorsed by the Qataris in the mix here, is worth billions. You don't want to be making enemies of these guys by dicking about at the last minute.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Not United but this throws up all sorts of issues

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/ ... ts-suggest

Not least cos it looks like Chelsea sent shitloads of players there on loan to get the wage bill down to meet FFP regs. Essentially another way they cheated.

And this multi club model is becoming a thing. There are 11 clubs under Man City, Red Bull teams etc. And soon Qatar and United owned by the same state.