Other Teams' Stuff

Non-United football chat
dozer
Legend

Fuck the Glazers wrote: 1 year ago Gakpo is a bit shit for Liverpool tbh. Grealish is for City, Sancho and Antony for us.

I wonder is it harder to be a wide player now?
Anthony has been alright. He's been far better than our other wingers when they first joined our first team.
Sancho has been shit.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

dozer wrote: 1 year ago
Fuck the Glazers wrote: 1 year ago Gakpo is a bit shit for Liverpool tbh. Grealish is for City, Sancho and Antony for us.

Anthony has been alright. He's been far better than our other wingers when they first joined our first team.
Sancho has been shit.
Alright is not enough though. None of the players mentioned are playing well let alone hitting their best form. They can't all be overrated / shite, there must be more to it.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Antony needs to improve, but I think he will. Its a big jump to come from the Dutch league to the Prem. For many, it takes a little while. Although, it didn't for Stam or Ruud.

Anyhow, how much credit does the Brighton recruitment team deserve? They keep turning out gem after gem. Mitoma looks a little diamond, and I'd gladly take McAllister. Trossard too - Arsenal have got a steal there.
bman2
Legend

You see it a lot, wide players having a hard time adjusting to a higher level of intensity. They have to be able to consistently beat their man, it’s very all or nothing.
bman2
Legend

Sancho has been shit.
I’m worried that Sancho is just another Mata. Very talented, excellent passer, but just doesn’t have the speed and athleticism to beat a man, so he has to hang around outside the opposition defence, knocking it about, or nicking the odd goal by drifting unnoticed.
dozer
Legend

bman2 wrote: 1 year ago

Sancho has been shit.
I’m worried that Sancho is just another Mata. Very talented, excellent passer, but just doesn’t have the speed and athleticism to beat a man, so he has to hang around outside the opposition defence, knocking it about, or nicking the odd goal by drifting unnoticed.
Mata was completely useless for us. Sancho offers more and Sancho has himself been shit.
Moyes bought Mata when he was predominantly a right winger for Chelsea and he played there for us too for a few years. Dude had no pace but that was a known limitation.

Mata is the personification of the "almost" player.
He was almost a good passer, but he didn't create enough because his forward passes weren't good enough and therefore he lost possession. Bruno loses possession too when he makes the ambitious passes but he does pull off some brilliant balls.

Mata's shots almost hit the target but he consistently missed them. His shots lacked both speed and accuracy.

He couldn't dribble, had no pace so he was useless in the counter and he didn't offer anything defensively. Even Rashford offers more in defence.

The only thing he was world class in was to apologise in social media minutes after the team lost a game.

Another club legend.
Felwin
Legend

If this Enzo Fernandez deal goes through for Chelsea they'll have spent more money than all other teams in the top 5 leagues combined. That is fucking mental.
Jason
Star Man

Felwin wrote: 1 year ago If this Enzo Fernandez deal goes through for Chelsea they'll have spent more money than all other teams in the top 5 leagues combined. That is fucking mental.
Is that just for this window, couldnt include the summer one?!
Jason
Star Man

Benfica only just signed him last summer for 10mill lmao.

Truly mental, can only hope chelaea continue to implode.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Jason wrote: 1 year ago Benfica only just signed him last summer for 10mill lmao.

Truly mental, can only hope chelaea continue to implode.
Boehly and Eghbali have been mugged, they've paid the world cup tax like total idiots. And they've paid top money for a player that's still learning his craft. How much learning is he going to do at the Chelsea circus? It's not a good environment especially with 15/16 new players.

These two idiots are gambling with Chelsea's future. The way they structure deals mean they get around FFP. But it's not the hack they think it is. They could be lumbered with shit players for a long time (loads are on 8 year contracts), and the good ones will want to renegotiate to get deals suited to their performances.