Assessing our squad

Manchester United chat
Felwin
Legend

Sabitzer deal looks properly on. He's a body. Not really seen much of him for Bayern but they rarely buy duds and always sign winners so he'll pass ETH's character test.
fat maradona
Legend

Apparently we’ve enquired about Daishi Kamada, Japanese international who plays for Eintracht Frankfurt. Attacking CM/forward. 11 goals and assists in 16 games this season

In a way it’s good to see that we are thinking outside of the box, one thing United were guilty of was ignoring ‘unknown’ players regardless of ability.
bman2
Legend

Don’t know anything about Sabitzer or Kamada, but it would be nice to see a bit of squad depth. Eriksen is bad enough, but if Casemiro or Rashford has a long injury we’re fucked.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Jason wrote: 1 year ago
JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago Although, I thought it was a risk from Ten Hag to not rotate more heavily in that Reading game.
Not sure you can really blame the manager, he has been managing his game time up to now, sure in hindsight would have been great to have dropped him for it, but not like it was a muscle injury, just that fucking Carroll cunt being a cunt. He could have done it to anyone of the players, and he tried to get a couple more after Eriksens challenge, hence the red.
Not blaming him. I get his reasoning, And injuries can happen anytime. Just thought it was a good chance to rest a few. Squad is low on quality depth - we're going to have to rotate at some point if we go deep into the FA Cup and Europa
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

The shithouse in me wonders whether Hag has worked to overstate the injury to Eriksen, to force the clubs hand in bringing in a midfielder. Probably bollocks, but you never know.
dozer
Legend

Do we expect Sabitzer to start? He's not expected to be be anywhere close to Eriksen's quality so perhaps he will be our 3rd choice midfielder after casemiro and Fred.
Felwin
Legend

dozer wrote: 1 year ago Do we expect Sabitzer to start? He's not expected to be be anywhere close to Eriksen's quality so perhaps he will be our 3rd choice midfielder after casemiro and Fred.
I think he'll start tonight if he's registered. Get him blooded in like Weghorst.

Been reading lots about him and he seems to be a bit of a dynamo, might be better than Eriksen in the challenge and have a lot more stamina. If he can progress the ball a bit better than McFred then he'll be starting ahead of them IMO
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

I wouldn't think Sabitzer will be involved at all tonight, and will likely be on the bench at the weekend.
dozer
Legend

Felwin wrote: 1 year ago
dozer wrote: 1 year ago Do we expect Sabitzer to start? He's not expected to be be anywhere close to Eriksen's quality so perhaps he will be our 3rd choice midfielder after casemiro and Fred.
I think he'll start tonight if he's registered. Get him blooded in like Weghorst.

Been reading lots about him and he seems to be a bit of a dynamo, might be better than Eriksen in the challenge and have a lot more stamina. If he can progress the ball a bit better than McFred then he'll be starting ahead of them IMO
More stamina than Eriksen? That means he'll have the highest stamina in the squad. Eriksen is a runner.
fat maradona
Legend

dozer wrote: 1 year ago
Felwin wrote: 1 year ago

More stamina than Eriksen? That means he'll have the highest stamina in the squad. Eriksen is a runner.
Eriksen gets fatigued around the 70 min mark, which is why we've seen him being subbed often.

I've read a few analyst reports on Sabitzer and yeh, he sounds like he could do a good job filling in for Eriksen. Doesn't have the range of passing that Eriksen has but makes up for it with stamina and better press resistance. I don't know much about him but feeling quite hopeful now.