Assessing our squad

Manchester United chat
fat maradona
Legend

Merson hits nail on the head, any signing now is a panic signing - https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/1 ... l-sabitzer

He's right, Sabitzer isn't even Bayern's 5th best midfielder, why should he be good enough for us. Especially when you've got better EPL experienced players available.

Lack of foresight and planning but more likely as a result of no money. I bet ETH has a very good idea of who he wants in midfield but it's all down to the owners backing him. Which I just cannot see happening.
dozer
Legend

Eriksen's injury is terrible news considering we just managed to get in the top 4 a few weeks ago.
We could easily lose that spot especially if we have an other injury. We've been lucky with injuries so far this season. Our best players have been available.

We may need an other panic loan signing.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

100% on the Glazers. Little else we can do, than a loan signing. Always though Sabitzer was decent, definitely better than Tominay
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Although, I thought it was a risk from Ten Hag to not rotate more heavily in that Reading game.
Jason
Star Man

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago Although, I thought it was a risk from Ten Hag to not rotate more heavily in that Reading game.
Not sure you can really blame the manager, he has been managing his game time up to now, sure in hindsight would have been great to have dropped him for it, but not like it was a muscle injury, just that fucking Carroll cunt being a cunt. He could have done it to anyone of the players, and he tried to get a couple more after Eriksens challenge, hence the red.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Jason wrote: 1 year ago State of the club - can't afford a replacement to solidify a top 4 place.

The Glazers are and always have been short sighted. Spend 15m now on Tielemans now, and you have a much better chance. But no, we'll try to go as we are with Fred to cover Eriksen, and if we do end up losing top 4, the millions thats worth, and would surely hamper any sale.

At this point they just want out, and seem unwilling to invest any further ( Weghorst deal was proof of that), if we dont get new owners by the summer, the summer window will be a write off as well.

So frustrating that after years of pissing money away, we now have a good coach, but not the funds to back him.
Yeah it means the club is worth less than it would be if it had the CL money and the sponsors had the exposure to affluent European markets.

But the Glazers won't accept that. They're reportedly fuming at Ratcliffe's 4bn offer. But if the Glazers hadn't have run down OT and Carrington meaning billions of investment is needed, the club would be worth more.

Honestly they fuck me right off. Even if they sold the club for a quid it would be a quid profit cos they've not invested any of their money into it.
fat maradona
Legend

I'm gobsmacked that we haven't tried to get Tielemans. He's a young talented forward passing CM, isn't that what we need? Can't imagine he'd be much money either being in the last 6 months of his contract, reckon £15m would get him.

Arsenal are paying £12m for Jorginho, he's not a bad player and will be useful squad depth.
dozer
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 1 year ago I'm gobsmacked that we haven't tried to get Tielemans. He's a young talented forward passing CM, isn't that what we need? Can't imagine he'd be much money either being in the last 6 months of his contract, reckon £15m would get him.

Arsenal are paying £12m for Jorginho, he's not a bad player and will be useful squad depth.
15m or 56-60m is okay as long as the player is good enough to improve our team. If not we should be making only loan signings in Jan and leave the permanent deals for the summer.

If ten hag wanted him we'd have approached Tielemans at least for joining us for free in the summer.

These not bad players only add clutter. We already have plenty of those. If we're short on depth I'd have them only as loan signings.
Felwin
Legend

Gutted about Eriksen. Maybe a chance for Mainoo?

Fred might be ok but too much McTominay and we’ll be kissing top 4 goodbye.
dozer
Legend

Felwin wrote: 1 year ago Gutted about Eriksen. Maybe a chance for Mainoo?

Fred might be ok but too much McTominay and we’ll be kissing top 4 goodbye.
Sabitzer is in the airport leaving for United.
Mainoo is 17. He's no where near first team quality.