Assessing our squad

Manchester United chat
Felwin
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 1 year ago
fat maradona wrote: 1 year ago Both Diallo and Mejbri getting rave reviews at their loan clubs. Looks like getting regular game time in the Championship has helped them. Sure it’s a big step up to the Prem but they’re showing potential and if they come back to United next season being able to get regular game time, it’ll improve our squad quality.
https://www.skysports.com/football/slan ... ive/468157

Watch his goal and he's doing it regularly. 7 goals + 1 assist in his last 13 games.

Better than Antony tbf, I'd like to see him back at the club and pushing Antony for that RW spot, might get the cunt to start performing.
It’s in the Championship though. I’d be surprised if he steps up to that level straight away.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Next step for both needs to be a PL loan at a side playing decent football. Brighton or Fulham, maybe Palace. Somewhere like that
dozer
Legend

Weghorst isn't a world class player but he's very useful as a stop gap. He's able to control the ball and make quick accurate passes in the opposition area under pressure. His hold up play is also very good.

He's slow and doesn't seem that good in the air inspire of his height. He's limited but he already seems like a much better option than martial. He'll probably be useless in counter attacking football because the opposition won't see him as much of a threat when he's isolated up front. He's not quick enough.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Weghorst brings even less than an old Ron but he's not a prick and doesn't earn 500k a week, that's the difference.

I imagine in private he's much more willing to serve the team too eg like how he make runs near post to drag CBs out of position in order to leave space for Bruno or Eriksen to spank one in. It's that type of stuff that allows Hag-ball to happen.

It's all about the philosophy now not individuals, so I guess it's a bit of a culture change for us as fans. Weghorst is essentially shite but he makes Hag-ball work better than Ron who was a better individual but a cunt.

He'll be an option from the bench if/when we sign a better CF.
fat maradona
Legend

That's a bit harsh Sid, he isn't that bad. He isn't a Vlahovic and he's not the wordlie that we'd like but in the 3 games he's played, I thnk he's been useful. He presses the CB's hard and makes life difficult, opens up space for Bruno/Antony/Rashford and actually makes some intelligent runs. And yeh, he's not a selfish self entitled opinonated cunt.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 1 year ago That's a bit harsh Sid, he isn't that bad. He isn't a Vlahovic and he's not the wordlie that we'd like but in the 3 games he's played, I thnk he's been useful. He presses the CB's hard and makes life difficult, opens up space for Bruno/Antony/Rashford and actually makes some intelligent runs. And yeh, he's not a selfish self entitled opinonated cunt.
Yeah tbf that did sound harsh. I forgot the fact he presses as well. That's vital. I noticed goalkeepers seem to shit it when they have this 6ft 7 daddy long legs cunt bearing down on them.
Felwin
Legend

Weghorst has been dropping really deep in the last few games, keeping things ticking over. Just generally more of a nuisance than Martial and no CB in the world likes having to deal with a tall lad, even if his heading isn't great for someone so lanky.

I liked in the game yesterday how he dropped into Bruno's area and got a bit muddled up, Bruno bit his head off and he didn't do it again. I've heard a lot about him being arrogant as hell but he seems to know his place in our team. Damn sight better than Ronaldo doing whatever the fuck he wants.

Oh and that goal yesetrday was a Wolfsburg style one. Proper poaching them. Always useful to have.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Eriksen pretty much out for the season. Massive blow. What we should be doing, but won't, is acting today to bring someone one in.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

No but you can run a club in a healthy, sensible way so when problems do occur you're in a position to solve them

What we have under the Glazers is no cash and a maxed out credit card so even getting a loan deal is difficult

Jason
Star Man

State of the club - can't afford a replacement to solidify a top 4 place.

The Glazers are and always have been short sighted. Spend 15m now on Tielemans now, and you have a much better chance. But no, we'll try to go as we are with Fred to cover Eriksen, and if we do end up losing top 4, the millions thats worth, and would surely hamper any sale.

At this point they just want out, and seem unwilling to invest any further ( Weghorst deal was proof of that), if we dont get new owners by the summer, the summer window will be a write off as well.

So frustrating that after years of pissing money away, we now have a good coach, but not the funds to back him.