Bruno Fernandes

Manchester United chat
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Felwin wrote: 1 year ago

Phenomenal stat. And to think he’s put up those numbers when we’ve been mostly shit as well. Never mind all this “imagine if we’d had a DM for Pogba” stuff. Imagine if we’d had a better midfield for Bruno sooner.
Aye, he's achieved that whilst we've been shit and also transitioning to a new style of play. You expect those stats to get better under Hag, and playing alongside Eriksen and Casemiro. We really do have a fucking class midfield.
fat maradona
Legend

what are peoples views on the Bruno situation? Apparently some players have 'fallen out' with him after his antics at Anfield, apparently his captaincy credentials are being questioned.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 1 year ago what are peoples views on the Bruno situation? Apparently some players have 'fallen out' with him after his antics at Anfield, apparently his captaincy credentials are being questioned.
He has brilliance in him. But he can act like a fucking child. And I think he can be a problem in a top end games, especially away from home. I don't think he's captain material - it should be Varane or Casemiro.
Felwin
Legend

He's got that Ronaldo quality of wanting to win but like a teenager wants to win, not phased by moaning and attempting to naively manipulate the situation. When he knuckles down and things go our way, his passion wins me over but the next game he's a silly child.

Not sure what to make of people falling out with him, thought this was "his" team but I guess Casemiro is sort of taking the reins so maybe people are looking to him more. The 15 major honours probably help.
fat maradona
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago
He has brilliance in him. But he can act like a fucking child. And I think he can be a problem in a top end games, especially away from home. I don't think he's captain material - it should be Varane or Casemiro.
He doesn't turn up in big games half as much as we need him to, it's rare when he does or it's fleeting and not for a full game. Thankfully we only have a handful of big games in a season and what he does for the most part is sufficient. I don't think you can build a team around him and I wish he'd get rid of his histronics. He's quick to start waving his arms in disgust if someone fucks up or doesn't make the right pass but considering the number of times he gives cheap balls away.

Casemiro would make a proper captain but if Bruno isn't given the captains armband next sesason (assuming Maguire leaves or is stepped down), we'll have another Ronaldoesque petulant child on Erik's hands.
dozer
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago
fat maradona wrote: 1 year ago what are peoples views on the Bruno situation? Apparently some players have 'fallen out' with him after his antics at Anfield, apparently his captaincy credentials are being questioned.
Nah. He's the captain. He's not perfect and these antics aren't news to us. He's always been a baby. But he's our best player since he's joined and he works his ass off on the pitch.
bman2
Legend

If he was playing for a just-under-top-level team like Spurs, he’d be treated like Gerrard was by the media and Liverpool fans. He’s a great player, but maybe not great enough to be part of a team at the highest level of ambition and budget. When the team is built around him, he’s amazing.
bman2
Legend

That sounded more negative than I meant.
dozer
Legend

bman2 wrote: 1 year ago If he was playing for a just-under-top-level team like Spurs, he’d be treated like Gerrard was by the media and Liverpool fans. He’s a great player, but maybe not great enough to be part of a team at the highest level of ambition and budget. When the team is built around him, he’s amazing.
Fernandes is a world class player imo. In terms of quality, quantity and consistency. His mentality is also of a top top player. He's the complete package imo. Makes him world class.
Felwin
Legend

dozer wrote: 1 year ago
bman2 wrote: 1 year ago If he was playing for a just-under-top-level team like Spurs, he’d be treated like Gerrard was by the media and Liverpool fans. He’s a great player, but maybe not great enough to be part of a team at the highest level of ambition and budget. When the team is built around him, he’s amazing.
Fernandes is a world class player imo. In terms of quality, quantity and consistency. His mentality is also of a top top player. He's the complete package imo. Makes him world class.
I’m pretty much with you Dozer. He’s never injured and virtually always creates chances no matter how rubbish the team around him is. For me his only crime is the attitude when we’re losing. Our best midfielders, be it Charlton, Robbo or Keano have always lead by example and would turn any injustice into top performances. When the chips were down, they’d show up. Maybe times have changed and I’m an old fart but the theatrical whinging just doesn’t sit right. Maybe it’s just the modern way. If we keep seeing him lifting trophies then I guess it doesn’t matter.