Jadon Sancho - Welcome.

Manchester United chat
Post Reply
User avatar
dozer
Legend
Posts: 4045
Joined: 11 years ago

Ten hag said Sancho has mental and physical issues, mainly mental. Are those personal problems or is Sancho stirring up trouble. I wonder if there's an other interview coming.
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 4593
Joined: 11 years ago

dozer wrote: 1 year ago Ten hag said Sancho has mental and physical issues, mainly mental. Are those personal problems or is Sancho stirring up trouble. I wonder if there's an other interview coming.
Another £80 million well spent then.
fat maradona
Legend
Posts: 1400
Joined: 10 years ago

bman2 wrote: 1 year ago
dozer wrote: 1 year ago Ten hag said Sancho has mental and physical issues, mainly mental. Are those personal problems or is Sancho stirring up trouble. I wonder if there's an other interview coming.
Another £80 million well spent then.
That's a bit unfair on a 22 year old tbf. He's moved into the spotlight with that price tag (not his fault) and level of expectation. It's as much the club's responsibility to ensure he has support at all levels to cope as it is his responsibility to perform. Unfortunately for him, he joined the club at a time where both the managers were shit and where expectation levels are sky high. I'm not defending his performances, they've been shite, but it's obvious to see that the lad has talent and with the right manager and coaching support, I hope he gets his confidence back.
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 4593
Joined: 11 years ago

fat maradona wrote: 1 year ago
bman2 wrote: 1 year ago
dozer wrote: 1 year ago Ten hag said Sancho has mental and physical issues, mainly mental. Are those personal problems or is Sancho stirring up trouble. I wonder if there's an other interview coming.
Another £80 million well spent then.
That's a bit unfair on a 22 year old tbf. He's moved into the spotlight with that price tag (not his fault) and level of expectation. It's as much the club's responsibility to ensure he has support at all levels to cope as it is his responsibility to perform. Unfortunately for him, he joined the club at a time where both the managers were shit and where expectation levels are sky high. I'm not defending his performances, they've been shite, but it's obvious to see that the lad has talent and with the right manager and coaching support, I hope he gets his confidence back.
I actually largely agree with you, I don’t want to be too hard on Sancho. But it goes to show that paying these huge prices isn’t just bad business, it can put too much attention and pressure on the player.
User avatar
dozer
Legend
Posts: 4045
Joined: 11 years ago



Most of the folks here wanted Ten Hag to give him an other season.
The fans are part of the the reason why the likes of Bailly, Martial, etc are still at the club.
When the fans turn against a player, the clubs usually get rid quickly. We even tried this year with Maguire and he's relatively been among our better signings because he's given us 2 good seasons unlike some of the other flops.

Do we still want him to stay?
Fuck the Glazers
Legend
Posts: 10228
Joined: 11 years ago

I hate how we keep players for fucking years, giving them chance after chance to prove themselves when they just don't. We make players worse.

Even if the likes of Sancho performed quite well, cash them in of there's a better or more suitable player. Take a fucking risk. It wouldn't be a risk with good recruitment anyway.

But no, they hang on and on. Sancho is on a Woodward wage so he'll be here for at least 8 seasons.
User avatar
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend
Posts: 4237
Joined: 10 years ago

This is where we and most others simply can't compete with City. If you have am iffy season there, you don't get much game time and you're out the next summer. Any hint of dissent and you're definitely out, the manager just gets 100m to replace you. Greenwood and Sancho - 150m down the drain.
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 4593
Joined: 11 years ago

This is really becoming a contender for our worst signing. Chased Dortmund for a more than a year for this player!
User avatar
dozer
Legend
Posts: 4045
Joined: 11 years ago

bman2 wrote: 9 months ago This is really becoming a contender for our worst signing. Chased Dortmund for a more than a year for this player!
Who's been worse? Who's even close?

I saw pics online of old reports where he was fined by Dortmund, city and Southgate for missing training. Our scouts didn't know about this?

I hope he stays and sees out his contract.
User avatar
Felwin
Legend
Posts: 1543
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: Abroad

Ha great. Well if he’s fucking up his last chance then it’s game over. Another “30m for any other team” player we paid a premium on.
Post Reply