Other Teams' Stuff

Non-United football chat
dozer
Legend

Fuck the Glazers wrote: 1 year ago
swampash wrote: 1 year ago Rodgers must be on very thin ice now?
Mad to think he was being considered for the United job not that long ago.
To me it looks like he wants to get sacked. His post match comments the other day was very direct and he now says he'd understand if he were fired. He's given up on the project. His reputation will take a bigger hit, the longer he's at the club.

How broke are the Leicester owners anyway? They still should be able to afford his severance fees surely? Or do they not care because they think this project is a gone case anyway so why bother spending money on his firing and a new manager?

P.S. quoting is still fucked in the new forum, at least on mobile. Things go off the pane.
swampash
Legend

Germany were really dismal against Hungary tonight.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

swampash wrote: 1 year ago Germany were really dismal against Hungary tonight.
I read an interesting thing on Hungary. Viktor Oban has basically used state money to dope the Hungarian national team, and now they're seeing the benefits. It's to counteract the horrendous shit Orban has been doing like creating an autocracy and going hard on workers and immigrants. He's spent billions doing up Hungary's stadiums even though a lot of em are empty. They built what's probably the most beautiful stadium in the world in the Pancho Arena.

For those that haven't seen

https://www.architectmagazine.com/techn ... ho-arena_o

It's a case of look at this shiny new thing while we fuck you over
swampash
Legend

Southgate surely must go after last night? Post-game interview he makes an inane comment that losing games makes the team stronger...better keep on losing then Gareth?
Jason
Star Man

swampash wrote: 1 year ago Southgate surely must go after last night? Post-game interview he makes an inane comment that losing games makes the team stronger...better keep on losing then Gareth?
Did he say that? They didnt lose though, managed to pull out a draw somehow!

There is zero chance the sack him now, there are no more games before the world cup squad is announced.

I've said it all along, he is totally overrated, and has been living off what was an easy run in the WC in 2018, and a slightly more tricky, but still easy run to 2020/21 final, with the home support they should really have won.

He was/is lauded for beating Tunisia, Panama, Sweden, Columbia before getting beat by Croatia, who are a good team, England should be beating!

Did nothing as a club manager. I despaired when there was the chat about him replacing Ole when OGS got the boot.
swampash
Legend

Yes, I heard him on LBC this morning.
Get rid and get Tuchel in fast...imho...!
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

swampash wrote: 1 year ago Yes, I heard him on LBC this morning.
Get rid and get Tuchel in fast...imho...!
Tuchel would be great. But are the FA open minded enough to give a German the top job? I doubt it
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

I’ve always been impressed with Trossard whenever we’ve played Brighton, but never really watched him otherwise. I’m watching the Liverpool v Brighton game and he’s been the best player on the pitch. Looks a fucking brilliant player.
fat maradona
Legend

Juve and Barca both knocked out of the CL and into the Europa. What’s even funnier is the like of FDJ who insisted on staying at Barca for CL football.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 1 year ago Juve and Barca both knocked out of the CL and into the Europa. What’s even funnier is the like of FDJ who insisted on staying at Barca for CL football.
Barca are in big trouble. They're selling off huge chunks of the club to generate money to buy quality players to stay in the CL. But they're shite. It looks like a gamble that's not paying off. I'd be worried if I was a Barca fan.