Other Teams' Stuff

Non-United football chat
OliverB
Reserves

Wesley Fofana to Chelsea is a done deal!

I notice that with pretty much every Chelsea transfer - the first picture of the new signing is with the owner Todd Boehly.

In the olden days tradition was for the first signings to be with the manger... if I was a psychologist I would say Todd Boehly is quietly underlining the fact that he pays the wages and will be there longer than any player or manager... I fully expect him to a have ruthless side and won't be surprised if he shows himself to be trigger happy and fire Thomas Tuchel after just a few bad results.
;)
FuB
Site Admin

OliverB wrote: 1 year ago Wesley Fofana to Chelsea is a done deal!

I notice that with pretty much every Chelsea transfer - the first picture of the new signing is with the owner Todd Boehly.

In the olden days tradition was for the first signings to be with the manger... if I was a psychologist I would say Todd Boehly is quietly underlining the fact that he pays the wages and will be there longer than any player or manager... I fully expect him to a have ruthless side and won't be surprised if he shows himself to be trigger happy and fire Thomas Tuchel after just a few bad results.
Boehly is just the latest rich fuck to have a fantasy wank over thinking they know how to run a football club and make the key decisions. It's like a kid buying panini stickers. Ed Woodward was the last one to finally discover that he couldn't although it took much longer for him to fuck off than anyone would have wished.
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

FuB wrote: 1 year ago
OliverB wrote: 1 year ago Wesley Fofana to Chelsea is a done deal!

Boehly is just the latest rich fuck to have a fantasy wank over thinking they know how to run a football club and make the key decisions. It's like a kid buying panini stickers. Ed Woodward was the last one to finally discover that he couldn't although it took much longer for him to fuck off than anyone would have wished.
He really is. Chelsea don't have a style of play which is fucked cos they have one of the best german managers in the game. I don't think they're buying to a plan, and I can see Tuchel leaving. Chelsea could find themselves in a similar position to us at United with incompetence & bad decision making hurting them coupled with damaging wealth extraction when the investment firm are allowed to take profit.
OliverB
Reserves

Bournemouth have brought in Jack Stephens from Southampton,

I think it's a good time to reflect on how fortunate we are, yes we don't like the owners but at least they do actually put money into club - and some would say that if we had spent that money on the right personal - it was more than enough money to win trophies.

On the flip side if we were Bournemouth fans, 3 months ago we would have been buzzing that we had won promotion back to the Premier League - now the season is started we would be looking at our squad and signings thinking we haven't even bothered to genuinely try to stay up - must be absolutely demoralising for a fan.

Forest look set to sign Serge Aurier on a free and Willian is back in the PL at Fulham.

Leicester have signed David Luiz's younger brother, Wout Faeas.

;)
FuB
Site Admin

OliverB wrote: 1 year ago Bournemouth have brought in Jack Stephens from Southampton,

I think it's a good time to reflect on how fortunate we are, yes we don't like the owners but at least they do actually put money into club - and some would say that if we had spent that money on the right personal - it was more than enough money to win trophies.

On the flip side if we were Bournemouth fans, 3 months ago we would have been buzzing that we had won promotion back to the Premier League - now the season is started we would be looking at our squad and signings thinking we haven't even bothered to genuinely try to stay up - must be absolutely demoralising for a fan.

Forest look set to sign Serge Aurier on a free and Willian is back in the PL at Fulham.

Leicester have signed David Luiz's younger brother, Wout Faeas.

Do please explain what money the Glazers have put into the club.

We're all ears...

Or are we supposed to reflect on how fortunate we are that they don't take it all as a dividend and that we are still in as much debt as they put us in at the start?
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
OliverB
Reserves

Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester City have very good squads,
Tottenham and Arsenal have spent well, I really like the look of William Saliba at Arsenal and Gabriel Jesus will thrive in a team where he gets more chance to be the focal point of attacks as he's not surrounded by world class players.

I think one of the top 6 will be going strong come November and then the mid season World Cup will disrupt and f^ck up their season so hopefully we can keep improving and maybe even surprise ourselves this season.
;)
OliverB
Reserves

Oxford United have signed.... Djavan Anderson.... from.... Lazio :)) Serie A to League One... that wasn't even possible on Championship Manager.

On a serious note... Wilfried Gnonto, you don't get many 18 year old strikers with 4 caps for Italy... you would think bigger clubs would have snapped him up but Leeds may well have a decent striker there.

I'm not too sure how a guy playing in the Swiss Super League actually gets into the Italy national team though... From looking through his timeline I see that he was at Inter Milan between 2012 and 2020 and Italy manager Roberto Mancini was there from 2014 to 2016 so maybe just calling up an old pal.

DJ Speedy AKA Dan James for the last 2 weeks has been strongly linked with Tottenham... he must have been excited at the idea of playing for Conte... but he's ended up at Fulham... it's a funny ole game.
;)
swampash
Legend

Chelsea look to be in real trouble on tonight's performance.
Leipzig even more so...utterly witless...
dozer
Legend

Tuchel has spent almost 300m this window.
If he doesn't get a tune out of these players he's going to get sacked.
Imo the number 1 skill for managers is doing well at transfers. Tactics, man management etc are all easily secondary. Most managers seem to blow it at transfers. Rodgers, Gaal, Ole etc come to mind. Tuchel seems to be shit at it too.
Jason
Star Man

dozer wrote: 1 year ago Tuchel has spent almost 300m this window.
If he doesn't get a tune out of these players he's going to get sacked.
Imo the number 1 skill for managers is doing well at transfers. Tactics, man management etc are all easily secondary. Most managers seem to blow it at transfers. Rodgers, Gaal, Ole etc come to mind. Tuchel seems to be shit at it too.
Mystic Dozer strikes.

Thats him gone. Bit rash if you ask me, I think Chelsea are going to turn into a circus, heres hoping anyways!

Im not even sure how much input he had on who was getting signed, Pochettino surely the man to come in. Will go down well with the spurs fans :)