Vs Leicester

Forum for match day threads
swampash
Legend

Looks like we are making progress. Back 4 looked really pumped up for it, which is very good to see.
I reckon Dalot will definitely improve under ETH.
Varane and Lofty Martinez seem to be developing into an effective defensive partnership too.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Dalot has looked much, much better with Varane and Malacia brought in for Maguire and Shaw.
Felwin
Legend

The four of them look focused. Not drifting through games or looking like they've zoned out. And if they make mistakes, they're sharp to recover.

Be interesting to see what happens when they go a goal down. Also, I don't want to depress FuB but Maguire will play at some point so we'll have to see if they can mitigte his presence.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Felwin wrote: 1 year ago The four of them look focused. Not drifting through games or looking like they've zoned out. And if they make mistakes, they're sharp to recover.

Be interesting to see what happens when they go a goal down. Also, I don't want to depress FuB but Maguire will play at some point so we'll have to see if they can mitigte his presence.
Shaw, Maguire, Wan-Bissaka etc should play in the Europa. Tell them it's a way of playing themselves back into the first team. Then we can keep the first 11 settled and build on the confidence.
dozer
Legend

Sid wrote: 1 year ago
Felwin wrote: 1 year ago The four of them look focused. Not drifting through games or looking like they've zoned out. And if they make mistakes, they're sharp to recover.

Shaw, Maguire, Wan-Bissaka etc should play in the Europa. Tell them it's a way of playing themselves back into the first team. Then we can keep the first 11 settled and build on the confidence.
Yep. I don't care so much about the Europa even though it could get us the champions league place if we win it. Its the league position that indicates progress.
bman2
Legend

dozer wrote: 1 year ago
Sid wrote: 1 year ago

Yep. I don't care so much about the Europa even though it could get us the champions league place if we win it. Its the league position that indicates progress.
Agreed. But not just league position: league points matter.
swampash
Legend

Totally agree with those sentiments. Our priority is the PL and a lineup that can compete.
Play a second string in the Losers Cup.