Legend

When we pick the pace up we can play some lovely stuff
FuB
Site Admin

That was nearly a worldy of an own goal
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
dozer
Legend

We're terrible at keeping possession. Even lower tier teams seem to be better than us at doing that.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

We controlled the first half with Eriksen pulling the strings from deep ala Scholes.

Second half we sat off and Hag won't like that. But he'll love another 1-0 away from home against a team that ran rings around us previously. This will build confidence.

Throw Antony into that solid foundation and it's quite an exciting team
Felwin
Legend

Encouranging that ETH can switch it up. Looked really like he was going to get us playing Pepball in the first couple of games but he's wound it back and we just look solid, if wasteful.

Antony might add some spark but I reckon we're missing a proper CF right now. We'll see how it develops, maybe we start opening up more with confidence.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Similar game to the one at Southampton. Defensively, much, much better. Good spirit, lots of effort. A good base and I like the fact Hag has gone back to basics after the first 2 games. Need to be better on the ball though. That starting front 3 ain't good enough.
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

Made that way harder than it should’ve been. We need to correct our second half performances. Great start for Erik and you can see we’re improving! Throw Antony into this…💦💦
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

NQAT's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
dozer
Legend

Casemiro looks top class. Hopefully he'll start the next game. Antony will probably be on the bench.
OliverB
Reserves

I don't think anyone was expecting ETH to come in and have us transformed within a few months given the previous managers failed to do that in years, but picking up 6 points and 2 clean sheets from 2 away games against tricky opponents is decent progress.

In any of the last 5 seasons, if we had beaten Liverpool we would have followed it up with a defeat against a bottom half team, so to follow it up with 2 clean sheets is very pleasing, I'm not saying we are going to win the league or any trophies this year but we often hear it said that the runners up gave too many points away in games they were expected to win... so we could do worse than getting into a habit of coming out of those types of game with a scrappy 3 points.
;)