Maguire

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

Rangnick told the club before the January window that they needed to sell Ronaldo and buy a top young striker like Vlahovic or Nunez. So they ran him out of the club and tried to trash him to the gullible English journalists. Now Ronaldo is forcing his exit and there’s no one to sign to replace him.

United is dogshit.
bman2
Legend

I think TH is out of his depth and won’t last long. Pochettino is the manager to haul United back to the top four. He knows the league, he’s been around enough to understand how to fight his corner in a circus club, and he brings a big crew of coaches and back room staff with him that can do all the things that a poor imitation of a club like United doesn’t do.
bman2
Legend

This clown Murtaugh is totally out of his depth. Supposed to be in charge of the football side of things. But he didn’t predict the senior coaches would quit after Ole was sacked, so the interim manager came in with literally no coaching team to work with, and so last season was totally fucked dead right there. Didn’t predict Ronaldo would leave. Hasn’t made any key signings in time for preseason. So that’s next season probably fucked already.

I’m just so bored of watching a totally hopeless organisation get worse and worse and worse.
fat maradona
Legend

bman2 wrote: 1 year ago I think TH is out of his depth and won’t last long.
Based on what? He’s not played any games yet and you’re already questioning his ability.
FuB
Site Admin

fat maradona wrote: 1 year ago
Based on what? He’s not played any games yet and you’re already questioning his ability.
If dozer can do the same with Rangnick, why not?
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
bman2
Legend

Ok I’ll first say that I’m in downer mood about united right now and maybe it can be turned around. But my fear about Ten Hag is that he has walked into a dysfunctional organization that’s just going to chew him up. I can easily see him doing everything right on the training ground, and being totally what we need in a lot of the most important aspects, but just getting totally fucked by the club’s proven inability to competently handle player recruitment or squad management. If things don’t gone amazing straight away, we know from years of experience now that senior people in the club and players’ agents will start shitting on TH to journalists, and he’ll soon be on a hiding to nothing.

I can see him being the opposite to Ole. Ole was great at Manchester United club politics and a non-entity on the training ground. Eventually that caught up with him, but he still had three years in a job that he wasn’t remotely qualified for. In contrast, I can see TH being great at the footballing side of management, but then getting fucked because the club simply fails to get him the players he will need to compete at the highest level, and then the knives will be out for him.

Or to put it another way, TH has just come from several years working at Bayern and then Ajax. He has never worked at a supposed football club where the people wearing white collar shirts don’t give a shit about football and know nothing about what their jobs are supposed to be about. People who will be on the phone to craven journalists to blame him for their failures, because it’s easier for them to do that than learn how to do their jobs competently.
dozer
Legend

FuB wrote: 1 year ago
How is it the same? Rangnick lost many points and people here were still calling him Jesus. I've not criticised him much; I just called out the facts and pointed out that we've not gotten the results nor were there any signs of progress under him.
FuB
Site Admin

dozer wrote: 1 year ago
FuB wrote: 1 year ago
How is it the same? Rangnick lost many points and people here were still calling him Jesus. I've not criticised him much; I just called out the facts and pointed out that we've not gotten the results nor were there any signs of progress under him.
I seem to remember that, at one point, you kept banging on about Rangnick not having managed a team very often nor recently. The implication being that he wasn't up to the job of managing United. I must be mistaken, dozer, and I can't be arsed to argue with you anyway.
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
bman2
Legend

I was being too negative about TH anyway. Well not so much him, I was being negative about the club.

I definitely think it could pan out that way — that TH could end up failing because transfers and squad management continue being terribly handled. But I’m not predicting that. Just worried about it.

I like that he seems no-nonsense and training-focused.
swampash
Legend

With our owners anyone is going to be fighting an uphill battle.