v Liverpool (Friendly)

Forum for match day threads
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Anyone watching? I'm going to have a look see, and hopefully get a feel for whether Hag has embedded any early changes.
FuB
Site Admin

keeping half an eye on it and pleased to see we're still a shambles defensively.
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
FuB
Site Admin

not that liverpool are any better
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

For anyone who's arsed, my take on it. Keeping in mind we had pretty much a full strength 11 and they had most big hitters missing:

1st 30 mins:

We had decent pressure on the ball and pressed quite high, starting with quite a high defensive line.
Our full backs were both VERY high when we had possession.
Some decent moments of link up play, generally constrained by our limited technical ability in midfield.
More forward runs off the ball.
Sancho very bright, plenty of rotation amongst the front players.
Martial bright, good work rate.
Rashford energetic but rusty....

We were quite open defensively at times, but we did at least show positivity and intent in our play.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

3-0

fuck me, we're dicking em.

Martial closing down on the front foot, robs the ball, dinks it over Allison.

Ten Hag, football genius.
FuB
Site Admin

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago 3-0

fuck me, we're dicking em.

Martial closing down on the front foot, robs the ball, dinks it over Allison.

Ten Hag, football genius.
Fred's cheeky chip was nice too
FuB
Site Admin

But, again, as you say... not may of their big hitters in their team so it's not really a great measure of where we're at. I do like the emphasis on pressing them up front though. Rashford still thinks he's done it all before he shoots as usual.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Without going overboard, all things considered we have to be really happy with that. A long way for us to go, but some really encouraging signs and the confidence from going 3-0 up could be huge for what Hag is trying to build.
FuB
Site Admin

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago Without going overboard, all things considered we have to be really happy with that. A long way for us to go, but some really encouraging signs and the confidence from going 3-0 up could be huge for what Hag is trying to build.
We've all been burnt a bit in the past so, whilst i agree with you, I'd like to see more of this before i decide it's a real change and not just the sort of brief glimmer of hope we've seen on occasions before.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Yeah, can't disagree with that.