Richard Arnold secretly recorded

Manchester United chat
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

What do you lot think of that? He admits "we've blown through an enormous amount of money". He says Ten Hag has the dosh this summer but for the future, he said we need outside investment to make the necessary changes. His tone is a bit exasperated as the situation he's in. But he's clearly trying to put out fires too.

The most important bit (which wasn't caught on camera) is where he said the protests are working re the sponsors who are angry at him. This is massive.
sheesh
Legend

I was just about to post this as I just saw this on Twitter.

Fair play to him for at least talking to fans. You couldn't imagine Woodward doing the same without getting lynched.

Why have we been so shit with doing business this summer, though? Also, I'm concerned that our transfer funds will be restricted even further if we're going to have to fix the stadium.

Edit- I was just thinking that the fact he got secretly recorded might mean Arnold is less inclined to engage with fans like that again. Hopefully not, though.
bman2
Legend

Well he seems to have more common sense than Woodward did. Amazing that the Glazeras let Woodward piss away a billion pounds.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Fair play for meeting the fans, but I'll take if with a pinch of salt.

I think we're at a huge tipping point. I can imagine that there there is a decent wedge available this summer, but our medium to longer term funding position looks fucked. Revenue dropping, interest rates rising, the need for major investment in the ground and training facilities, share price dropping. If we don't get back into the CL, and the ESL doesn't happen, we could be royally fucked. And maybe thats what it needs to oust the Glazers.

12 months to save the club, or is that too dramatic...?
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

The end bit where he says "do you want me buying the players? Does that ring a bell?" - that kind of proves what Ed was up to as United ceo

Fuck the Glazers
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago Fair play for meeting the fans, but I'll take if with a pinch of salt.

I think we're at a huge tipping point. I can imagine that there there is a decent wedge available this summer, but our medium to longer term funding position looks fucked. Revenue dropping, interest rates rising, the need for major investment in the ground and training facilities, share price dropping. If we don't get back into the CL, and the ESL doesn't happen, we could be royally fucked. And maybe thats what it needs to oust the Glazers.

12 months to save the club, or is that too dramatic...?
That's my thinking, that the multiple global crisis' plus the debt, plus incompetence, plus state doped clubs raising the bar etc are making it near impossible for United to be successful. Might not be 12 months, might be a bit a longer. But times are hard, so the Glazers are going to push hard for a monopoly franchise league that has eradicated competition.

We've heard from Arnold himself that we don't have the investment to make necessary upgrades to the training facilities. He paints a bleakish picture in a bit of frustrated tone. Compare that when Ed took over of a successful club and he was arrogant saying shite like "we can do things in the market others can't".
fat maradona
Legend

Might have been scripted, he’s quite candid about the situation and do the Glazers want their CEO being so open? Look what happened to Ralf. But it does illustrate what a mess the club is in
bman2
Legend

It’s really sad the state the club is in. We all knew and said that the we could only do things the Woodward/Glazer way for so long before the club’s objective status deteriorated. If we’d gone with Poch instead of Ole we probably would have still been alright. Jose was toxic but at least he got us second and a CL finish. The Ole years were just pure disaster though. And not just the results, but probably more importantly the total destruction of a major club’s playing staff. We just had a big bonfire of money under Ole.

And if Rangnick was a dud, like the club is briefing, then it’s worth remembering that he was the decision of our current director of football, Murtaugh.

Realistically, we are falling down the football pyramid. Obviously in terms of prestige that’s true, but more damaging financially. After Jose, we were still a top club financially that had gone through some shit years. But now we’re losing the financial means to stay competitive even if we make good football decisions.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

It's mad how meeting fans the pub has convinced so many United fans things are changing behind the scenes. It's been the most successful PR thing the club has done in years even though it was ad lib. He didn't really say much, just stuck to the party line. In terms of flak management, it's bought the Glazers a few more months.