Viva Ronaldo - He’s back.

Manchester United chat
swampash
Legend

...??
Don’t quite get the timing references. Expecting twins in October and one of them just passed away? Were they both born healthy and one just died?
bman2
Legend

Yeah sounds like the boy died in childbirth but a baby girl was born ok. I'm surprised he played on the weekend. Surely he won't play against Liverpool.
sheesh
Legend

Awful news. My heart goes out to Ronaldo and his family.

RIP.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

swampash wrote: 1 year ago ...??
Don’t quite get the timing references. Expecting twins in October and one of them just passed away? Were they both born healthy and one just died?
I think it means the announcement was made in oct, with babies due now. Not very clear, I agree, but by the sounds of it they were born within the last day or so and only 1 survived.

Puts things into perspective - I'd have to assume he won't play tomorrow.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Awful that
bman2
Legend

From the sounds of this, Ronaldo has gotten pretty emphatic vindication in the rape lawsuit against. The judge threw out the case and apparently threw it out in a way that means no appeals or further legal action is possible. In explaining her decision, she really went in on the accuser and her lawyer. I don’t understand the situation, but it sounds like the accuser and her lawyer were grifters breaking every rule.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... -dismissed

Bit of good news for United for a change. Our one remaining striker isn’t going to go the way of Greenwood…
OliverB
Reserves

bman2 wrote: 1 year ago Bit of good news for United for a change. Our one remaining striker isn’t going to go the way of Greenwood…
According to Twitter, Greenwood will be back with us shortly, tons of tweets saying how brilliant he is etc,

The thing that often seems hush in these cases is the reason charges were dropped etc, has someone been paid, has someone been threatened etc,

If the bruises were caused by him - I wouldn't want him playing for us again even if the charges are dropped.

I think the Manchester City defender will have his charges dropped too,

What I will say is that if an apparent victim lies - they should face a trial otherwise you will have people jumping on a bandwagon of accusing rich/famous people.

An example is Prince Andrew - he did nothing to the girl - yet he paid her about 10 million quid, she accused him of something he did not do - she brought shame to his name... and became a millionaire for it.

That goes to show that in life a worrying trend is forming, people used to hate liars, now we reward liars, here's 10 mill for your effort etc,

It won't be long until we have a famous footballer accused of something every season and a am ne talkin aboot divin like.
;)
fat maradona
Legend

OliverB wrote: 1 year ago
An example is Prince Andrew - he did nothing to the girl - yet he paid her about 10 million quid, she accused him of something he did not do - she brought shame to his name... and became a millionaire for it.
Are you referring to Virginia Giuffre as the girl? What makes you so sure he did nothing to the girl? If he hadn't done anything to her, surely he'd want it to go to trial so that he could prove his innocence instead of paying her off.

As for Greenwood.....I want to see the talent back at the club but not the man....
bman2
Legend

Well I could be mistaken, but I took the way the case against Ronaldo was thrown out to mean that, as a United supporter, I could support him in the team with a clear conscience. Maybe I’m mistaken, but that’s the way it read to me, given how critical the judge was of the actions of the people suing him. I don’t want to cheer someone on if they’re an obvious scumbag that happened to get off on a technicality. An OJ Simpson situation, to give the most extreme example.

So I don’t know the details of the Greenwood situation, but if he was to come back, I’d want him properly cleared. Also, apart from my own comfort level, from a practical perspective, I just don’t know if the club could get away with bringing him back without him being exonerated.

So I meant the case against Ronaldo collapsing being “good luck” for the club because it looks like the case collapsed for appropriate, not that he managed to just dodge a bullet and we shouldn’t care about the underlying facts,