Ukraine

Political Debate
swampash
Legend

Thoughts and best wishes with the people of Ukraine.
bman2
Legend

I can’t think of any time since WWII when a democracy was invaded by a dictatorship with the express goal of eradicating democracy. I think it’s going to get very bad. The Russian army’s best units recently served in Syria, using indiscriminate slaughter of civilian populations to prop up a tinpot dictatorship.
swampash
Legend

Utterly depressing.
Jason
Star Man

Madness. No way this is going to end in any kind of good way. Putin is an unhinged egomaniac
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Tbf I thought Putin was on the wind up, but apparently not
bman2
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years ago Tbf I thought Putin was on the wind up, but apparently not
Yeah I think he started believing his own bullshit. That’s what happens when you eliminate everyone with the guts to tell you the truth.
swampash
Legend

I think he may actually be seriously ill. In all the recent meetings he's been keeping a huge distance from others and insisting that international visitors take corona tests before meeting him. All suggests his immune system is suppressed, which would be the case if he was under treatment for some forms of cancer. If, additionally, he was on steroids as part of his treatment that could make him susceptible to aggressive mood swings.
Best hope is the people closest to him realise he can't go on and replace him. Bit of a long shot, but hopefully the sanctions will raise the stakes for a coup.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Is it alright to post football related stuff in here?

Sorry if not, I just wanted to point out that Putin gave FIFA president Infantino a medal of friendship in 2019

Football is dirty as fuck
bman2
Legend

swampash wrote: 2 years ago I think he may actually be seriously ill. In all the recent meetings he's been keeping a huge distance from others and insisting that international visitors take corona tests before meeting him. All suggests his immune system is suppressed, which would be the case if he was under treatment for some forms of cancer. If, additionally, he was on steroids as part of his treatment that could make him susceptible to aggressive mood swings.
Best hope is the people closest to him realise he can't go on and replace him. Bit of a long shot, but hopefully the sanctions will raise the stakes for a coup.
Interesting, that makes sense.

Word is Abramovich is trying to sell Chelsea ASAP before he gets sanctioned and it becomes a frozen asset he can’t touch.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago
swampash wrote: 2 years ago I think he may actually be seriously ill. In all the recent meetings he's been keeping a huge distance from others and insisting that international visitors take corona tests before meeting him. All suggests his immune system is suppressed, which would be the case if he was under treatment for some forms of cancer. If, additionally, he was on steroids as part of his treatment that could make him susceptible to aggressive mood swings.
Interesting, that makes sense.

Word is Abramovich is trying to sell Chelsea ASAP before he gets sanctioned and it becomes a frozen asset he can’t touch.
Could be something in it

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... dApp_Other

But tbf when Johnson was pushed on sanctioning Abramovic in parliament, he literally walked off