OGS.....

Manchester United chat
User avatar
Lazarus
Legend
Posts: 2601
Joined: 11 years ago

fat maradona wrote: 4 years ago
Sid wrote: 4 years ago
bman2 wrote: 4 years ago
swampash wrote: 4 years ago ...and Swampash says score more goals than the other team and you win. But who am I to judge...as the magistrate said?
It's the best way to win, and to entertain! For that reason, I'm all for signing this Haaland. But maybe I'm just falling for the hype.
Haaland is class but it depends how Ole would use him. He could easily be a target man for our counterattack football like Zlatan was, and thus ruin the decent bits of football we play.
He looks class in a piss poor league and some of his goals this season have been fortuitous tap ins. Some of his other goals have been class though, he certainly knows where the goal is as you can see him taking a shot on goal without even looking up.

His movement looks decent and it'd be interesting to see how he copes in a much stronger league.

If rumours of a £20m release clause are true, then he needs to be signed up. But his agent is that fat cunt Raiola, who has been advising him to go to another club.
Apparently Haaland and his dad have a better relationship with Ole than Raiola, they're long time friends. Let's see how the kid does if we sign him. I couldn't give a fuck who we sign as long as they make us better.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
User avatar
Lazarus
Legend
Posts: 2601
Joined: 11 years ago

Sid wrote: 4 years ago
bman2 wrote: 4 years ago
swampash wrote: 4 years ago ...and Swampash says score more goals than the other team and you win. But who am I to judge...as the magistrate said?
It's the best way to win, and to entertain! For that reason, I'm all for signing this Haaland. But maybe I'm just falling for the hype.
Haaland is class but it depends how Ole would use him. He could easily be a target man for our counterattack football like Zlatan was, and thus ruin the decent bits of football we play.
I agree. We should be able to play different styles and formations during any game, that's what we should be aiming for. At our best we threw everything at teams, all styles and shapes. We need to be good at them all. Getting one right is progress atm....
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Fuck the Glazers
Legend
Posts: 10270
Joined: 11 years ago

Lazarus wrote: 4 years ago
fat maradona wrote: 4 years ago
Sid wrote: 4 years ago
bman2 wrote: 4 years ago
swampash wrote: 4 years ago ...and Swampash says score more goals than the other team and you win. But who am I to judge...as the magistrate said?
It's the best way to win, and to entertain! For that reason, I'm all for signing this Haaland. But maybe I'm just falling for the hype.
Haaland is class but it depends how Ole would use him. He could easily be a target man for our counterattack football like Zlatan was, and thus ruin the decent bits of football we play.
He looks class in a piss poor league and some of his goals this season have been fortuitous tap ins. Some of his other goals have been class though, he certainly knows where the goal is as you can see him taking a shot on goal without even looking up.

His movement looks decent and it'd be interesting to see how he copes in a much stronger league.

If rumours of a £20m release clause are true, then he needs to be signed up. But his agent is that fat cunt Raiola, who has been advising him to go to another club.
Apparently Haaland and his dad have a better relationship with Ole than Raiola, they're long time friends. Let's see how the kid does if we sign him. I couldn't give a fuck who we sign as long as they make us better.
Adding his skillset to that of Martial and Rashford would be class. Quality diverse talented front 3. The only thing is, where does Martial fit in? He'd probably be shunted out wide, which ain't great
User avatar
Lazarus
Legend
Posts: 2601
Joined: 11 years ago

Sid wrote: 4 years ago
Lazarus wrote: 4 years ago
fat maradona wrote: 4 years ago
Sid wrote: 4 years ago
bman2 wrote: 4 years ago

It's the best way to win, and to entertain! For that reason, I'm all for signing this Haaland. But maybe I'm just falling for the hype.
Haaland is class but it depends how Ole would use him. He could easily be a target man for our counterattack football like Zlatan was, and thus ruin the decent bits of football we play.
He looks class in a piss poor league and some of his goals this season have been fortuitous tap ins. Some of his other goals have been class though, he certainly knows where the goal is as you can see him taking a shot on goal without even looking up.

His movement looks decent and it'd be interesting to see how he copes in a much stronger league.

If rumours of a £20m release clause are true, then he needs to be signed up. But his agent is that fat cunt Raiola, who has been advising him to go to another club.
Apparently Haaland and his dad have a better relationship with Ole than Raiola, they're long time friends. Let's see how the kid does if we sign him. I couldn't give a fuck who we sign as long as they make us better.
Adding his skillset to that of Martial and Rashford would be class. Quality diverse talented front 3. The only thing is, where does Martial fit in? He'd probably be shunted out wide, which ain't great
It's just the same balancing act every manager has when you have more strikers than spaces. It 'should' be a good thing and increase competition. Ole dealt with it well as a player.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
fat maradona
Legend
Posts: 1412
Joined: 11 years ago

Sid wrote: 4 years ago
Adding his skillset to that of Martial and Rashford would be class. Quality diverse talented front 3. The only thing is, where does Martial fit in? He'd probably be shunted out wide, which ain't great
Do you remember the good ol' days when we had Berbs, Tevez, Rooney and CR7 all fighting for 2 spaces, it'd be back to having the luxury of having more than 1 decent player per position.

Anyway, he hasn't even signed yet. But I see him joining us as a stepping stone to end up at Barca or Real if he's that good.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend
Posts: 10270
Joined: 11 years ago

fat maradona wrote: 4 years ago
Sid wrote: 4 years ago
Adding his skillset to that of Martial and Rashford would be class. Quality diverse talented front 3. The only thing is, where does Martial fit in? He'd probably be shunted out wide, which ain't great
Do you remember the good ol' days when we had Berbs, Tevez, Rooney and CR7 all fighting for 2 spaces, it'd be back to having the luxury of having more than 1 decent player per position.

Anyway, he hasn't even signed yet. But I see him joining us as a stepping stone to end up at Barca or Real if he's that good.
True. You just make it work. Martial isn't too bad coming in from out wide anyway. And Haaland is arguably a better CF.
fat maradona
Legend
Posts: 1412
Joined: 11 years ago

Don't think we need Haaland, we have Greenwood...
Fuck the Glazers
Legend
Posts: 10270
Joined: 11 years ago

Ancelotti is going to Everton

Would you have taken him over Ole?
User avatar
dozer
Legend
Posts: 4090
Joined: 11 years ago

fat maradona wrote: 4 years ago
Sid wrote: 4 years ago
Adding his skillset to that of Martial and Rashford would be class. Quality diverse talented front 3. The only thing is, where does Martial fit in? He'd probably be shunted out wide, which ain't great
Do you remember the good ol' days when we had Berbs, Tevez, Rooney and CR7 all fighting for 2 spaces, it'd be back to having the luxury of having more than 1 decent player per position.

Anyway, he hasn't even signed yet. But I see him joining us as a stepping stone to end up at Barca or Real if he's that good.
Rooney and CR7 didn't have to fight for places.
It was between Tevez, Park and Berbatov for the other 2 spots.
User avatar
swampash
Legend
Posts: 3057
Joined: 10 years ago

Sid wrote: 4 years ago Ancelotti is going to Everton
=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
:eatpopcorn:
Post Reply