Other Teams' Stuff

Non-United football chat
User avatar
Anantax
First Teamer
Posts: 152
Joined: 10 years ago

I know this forum is full of supporters of Carrick...but i look at these Bayern midfielders and every single one of them is a class above Carrick no? Very few backward passes, even the sideways one tends to go a bit forward....
Spudiator
First Teamer
Posts: 232
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: Horsham

Arsenal fans are booing the fuck out of Robben every time he touches the ball now, but I don't really see why. Despite his past reputation, I don't think he did anything to invite that challenge from Szczesny, nor did he go down too easily or theatrically, Szczensny was just clumsy in the challenge and the ref had no other option than the red card. I reckon Arsenal are gonna get proper overrun over though in the second half with a man down.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend
Posts: 10019
Joined: 10 years ago

Other than the first 10 minutes Arsenal haven't had the ball to create anything, it's all Bayern, although they've been a bit too reliant on crossing dross

There was the ball that Oxbridge chased, and everybody got excited because it was pace & power v foreign puffs - but that's it

The ball Kroos put in for the pen was fucking class
User avatar
Anantax
First Teamer
Posts: 152
Joined: 10 years ago

Anantax wrote:I know this forum is full of supporters of Carrick...but i look at these Bayern midfielders and every single one of them is a class above Carrick no? Very few backward passes, even the sideways one tends to go a bit forward....
Another point: I feel that Carrick ofttimes slows the pace down. These midfielders, despite constant pressure from Arsenal, do not.

Tell me if I'm spouting bollocks and its just a case of Bayern envy though...
User avatar
marlon
Legend
Posts: 1498
Joined: 10 years ago

Keepers have been the difference so far. Neuer saved a pen and won the 50 50 with chamberlain on the 1 on 1. In terms of chances it's been fairly even. Red card has decided the game though.

I'm sure this isn't Bayern at their best, but Boateng looks exactly like the player he was at City. How is he playing for Bayern?
Fuck the Glazers
Legend
Posts: 10019
Joined: 10 years ago

marlon wrote:Keepers have been the difference so far. Neuer saved a pen and won the 50 50 with chamberlain on the 1 on 1. In terms of chances it's been fairly even. Red card has decided the game though.

I'm sure this isn't Bayern at their best, but Boateng looks exactly like the player he was at City. How is he playing for Bayern?
You're kind on the English clubs

The 50-50 was never on for Oxbridge, Neuer was always favourite

The thing that's decided the game is not keepers but possession - 66 to 33. Once Bayern settled and got hold of the ball they looked the most likely likely to score. Arsenal are feeding off scraps. When they get the ball it breaks down or they go long.
User avatar
marlon
Legend
Posts: 1498
Joined: 10 years ago

Bayern had the ball but didn't create much. I think the Kroos shot was the only shot on target. Neuer was favourite because he came out quickly - Szczesny reacted too late.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend
Posts: 10019
Joined: 10 years ago

Arsenal, 9 men behind the ball, big lad up front, knocking it long to him

Freekick 45 yards from goal, knock it into the box

Ingurland
User avatar
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend
Posts: 3240
Joined: 10 years ago

Ha... Kroos... No chance!!!
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Fuck the Glazers
Legend
Posts: 10019
Joined: 10 years ago

marlon wrote:Bayern had the ball but didn't create much. I think the Kroos shot was the only shot on target. Neuer was favourite because he came out quickly - Szczesny reacted too late.
I hate the "they had the ball but didn't create much" cliche. It's shite. Bayern had the ball meaning Arsenal created even less, and this is a game Arsenal need to win - they need a lead to take to Germany.

But all the time Bayern have the ball, that ain't going to happen. Instead Bayern are safe, able to press and make things happen

I'm pretty sure only the English think possession is worthless unless it results in a goal, there & then.

Arsenal's gameplan has gone to shit, they're England, knocking it long to the big man

There we go, game's over now. Class away performance from Bayern, doing the business
Last edited by Fuck the Glazers 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply