Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Yeah and heading is a lot more then just being tall. You have to judge the direction of these powerful whipped in crosses, anticipate where it's gonna be headable, and then use your technique to head it goalwards, across goal, head it down, a deft flick etc. No two headers are the same.

Someone like Jones doesn't need anymore knocks to the head tbf. Each one makes him more stupid.
dozer
Legend

redzebs wrote:I'm just not feeling Lakaku, I don't really want a big lump upfront no matter their stats, I feel the style of play would be dictated by it, I'm enjoying Zlatan because he's Zlatan
Yep, Lukaku is a bit like Carroll. He's faster and better but I can't see him do well for a top club.
He's not as good as Drogba. I think he'll be a misfit for United.
dozer
Legend

If Ibra is still at United next season we'd be buying Lukaku to come off the bench
He's hardly a requirement for next season.
Midfielder, number 10, left winger and a left back is what we need.
No more experiments or youngsters. We need finished products for each of these positions.
just1n
Star Man

dozer wrote:If Ibra is still at United next season we'd be buying Lukaku to come off the bench
He's hardly a requirement for next season.
Midfielder, number 10, left winger and a left back is what we need.
No more experiments or youngsters. We need finished products for each of these positions.
What's the point of buying another 10 when your man leading the line doesn't offer the movement for the 10 to unlock the defense.
GLAZERS OUT!
redzebs
Legend

If we got a real top dm/playmaker that could play in a 2 with Pogba and zpogba could learn that position then Zlatan/Mata/MT fuck we've so many 10s could play behind a top quick cf but Jose doesn't really prefer those types of 9s, he doesn't mind those players playing wide and cutting in and doing fancy stuff, making runs,

But he likes a beast upfront as plan a and then fancy cunts and decent midfielders can chip in with goals, that's the dream.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
just1n
Star Man

redzebs wrote:If we got a real top dm/playmaker that could play in a 2 with Pogba and zpogba could learn that position then Zlatan/Mata/MT fuck we've so many 10s could play behind a top quick cf but Jose doesn't really prefer those types of 9s, he doesn't mind those players playing wide and cutting in and doing fancy stuff, making runs,

But he likes a beast upfront as plan a and then fancy cunts and decent midfielders can chip in with goals, that's the dream.
True but it's not like Drogba or Costa were slow players or stood still.
GLAZERS OUT!
dozer
Legend

Ibra doesn't stay still ffs. In fact he helps our midfield considerably.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

He helps out the midfield but he does just stand still during games if there's nowt doing. He's conserving his energy, he's 35 and going to play 55-60 games this season so fair play to him.

Imagine what he was like when he committed more, got involved more - he'd have scored even more. Should have signed 6 or 7 years ago when the english press and twats were giving it the "ah but can he do it in the most average league in the world" shite
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

Sid wrote:He's a shithouse which is what Mourinho cares about first and foremost, and he'll be hoping he can turn him into an all round striker like Costa and Drogba, who hold it up but also run in behind a bit

But if we get rid of Ibra the team has to play better because Lukaku or any other striker won't score as many or be involved in as many goals as the great Ibra, so they have to come from somewhere else.

This gamble will heavily determine how well we do next season. Mourniho has to get it right
That's not true... Lukakus numbers are just as good as Ibs, and he's in a worse team... Lukaku would put up great numbers for United... I'm not worried about that... but like you said, he'd be the centre piece in an attack that's too one dimensional... the problem for me, is what we'd have to pay... I think it would be Pogba, all over again... ridiculous money on one player, when we could get 2...

Right now, we need top quality upgrades in too many positions to be spending so much on one or two players... if the Glazers are going to throw another £150/200 at the team in the summer, then fine... Lukaku, a top DM, winger, and a couple defenders... let's go...

But more likely, we'll get £70/80/90mill, and Lukaku will suck up most of that... and Everton will do with that, what we should do, buy 2 £40mill class players...

Elite level players are great when you're in the position to add them to a quality first 11... but we don't have a quality first 11... we need to sort that out first...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Yeah 60/70m for Lukaku is a fucking wedge. But he's a Mourinho forward and there aren't too many of em about

He has to be mentally strong as well. It's easy to forget that there's a shitload of pressure being United's main striker, with 75,0000 fans at the ground and millions watching on TV. It's a heavy shirt. Ibra carries it with ease because he has nothing to prove to anyone. But Lukaku will. It's not like Everton where he can miss a chance or two. If we go a game without winning because he missed a chance the focus will be on him straight away. If he can't handle that then look elsewhere